PDA

View Full Version : Word 2002 - "corner" markers that won't disappear...

FAB
20-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Hello All,

Not my first post - haven't been in here for a while (since the upgrade at least) and seem to have lost my old username.

Anyway!

I've got a user with Office 2002 and since yesterday, when he opened a new Word doc, in each corner of his document are some corner markers - not sure of the right term here - that are not printed but refuse to go away.
They are right angle lines (bet this sounds confusing!) and are placed at the edges of the margins in the for corners.
These also appear on any old documents he opens.
I've deleted his normal.dot and this has made no difference. I've been through every option in formatting, styles, Tools-options and every other menu (page setup etc) and there is no mention of these guides.

Help please much appreciated!

pixeldust
20-01-2005, 10:21 AM
Try checking the input languages in the regional settings, and remove or disable support for asian languages.

FAB
20-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the replpy, but yeah been there done that. He did install Asian language for some strange reason but have removed this...

Speedy Gonzales
20-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Under view is it on normal??

Sounds like they've got it on another setting besides normal..

FAB
20-01-2005, 10:41 AM
It's in print layout only - gone in normal or outline views.

Under view is it on normal??

Sounds like they've got it on another setting besides normal..

pixeldust
20-01-2005, 10:55 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;839371

Are you sure?

FAB
20-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Thanks for that - if only I had known the proper name for them I would have been sweet. Tried every combination of words searching but you got it.
Thought I had removed all language packs too but will do this now.

Thanks again.

andy
21-01-2005, 05:17 PM
Sounds like you are seeing crop marks. You should be able to turn them off somewhere in Tools / Options / View (I dont have this version so I am only guessing).

Whoops, I just read the previous post with the MS reference so I guess this is an unnecessary posting.