PDA

View Full Version : Please Help - Lost e-mail addresses

Tony S.
19-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Clould someone please advise me if possible, I have just signed up to Kiwi Online and it has deleted all my e-mail addresses and emails, plus my other ISP accounts. Any way to retrieve these please from Outlook Express, and running Win XP Home. Any help sincerely appreciated. :help: :mad:

ninja
19-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Clould someone please advise me if possible, I have just signed up to Kiwi Online and it has deleted all my e-mail addresses and emails, plus my other ISP accounts. Any way to retrieve these please from Outlook Express, and running Win XP Home. Any help sincerely appreciated. :help: :mad:
Might be worth calling their helpdesk, particularly as their software caused it. Ask for Henry.

Try File --> Identities and see what's in there.

Ash M
19-01-2005, 07:06 PM

Kiwi Online :dogeye: ..... Gutted...

Unless they were backed up then no.. I can't see how just signing up for a new isp would delete your address books and e-mails unless you removed them when setting up your new address.

Tony S.
19-01-2005, 07:48 PM
according to their instruction I should have been given the option when setting up to save existing email accounts, but that option never appeared, first time I opened OE after dialing in, bingo, everything was gone

johnboy
19-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Do a search on yor computer for *.wab and*.dbx files that should turn up some thing.
Grab dbxtract from here. http://www.321download.com/under100/page2.html

restoration which recovers deleted files
here (http://www.webattack.com/get/restoration.html)
hth

Robby
20-01-2005, 09:57 AM
gidday,

could try using system restore, this will take your computer back to an
earlier date, and hopefully will show your addresses and previous isps. You can then reconfiqure kiwi online.

click start, all programs, assessories, system tools, and system restore.
select 'restore my computer back to an earlier time, click next, and select
a date you know the computer was ok. click ok. Wait until the computer
reboots.

good luck,

Robby

Tony S.
20-01-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks Robby, system restore did the trick, but when I reconfigurd Kiwi Online, and after telling to leave existing email accounts, it did the same thing again. Given up on them, not having anything to do with an ISP that mucks around with computer settings. Cheers all and thanks for the friendly advice!

Robby
20-01-2005, 04:44 PM
no worries, glad to help, I tested kiwi online a couple of weeks ago,
and configured my e-mail manualy, with no problems, so it does sounds like their system is wee bit out of wack.

cheers,

robby