PDA

View Full Version : WOF on line with Broadband.

mzee
18-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I am in the process of changing WOF on line from dial-up to Jetstream.
I have found that there is no liason between Transit NZ and Telecom.
Telecom say that we have to stay with dial-up, Transit NZ say not so, they will supply a patch to enable it to work on Broadband. Needless to say, we are still waiting. :mad:

Does anyone out there know anything about it?

berryb
18-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Have set this up with no problems. As far as Telecom is concerned just get the Jetstream up and running, they have no other involvement as far as Warrant online is concerned. As far as Transit is concerned I donít think it was them I dealt with. You need to talk to the LTSA help desk. I still have the document here on my computer that they supplied to set it up. Talk to the help desk about WoF Online via the VPN Concentrator or ask for Brendan Worthington the author of the document. Basically they supply you with a user name and password to download the VPN software from there website. Once downloaded it you install it. Setup the appropriate user name and passwords and away you go. One thing to watch out for though is you will have to allow a pass through/pinhole on your ADSL modem/router for certain ports so the data goes back to your WOF computer. Very easy to setup if you know what you are doing and a lot cheaper than the companies who charge a monthly fee for the service you can get for free.

merlin
19-01-2005, 12:37 AM
WofPlus are the starting point.
http://wofonline.co.nz/

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
- Will Rogers

mzee
21-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the help.
Installed without many problems.
Will try it out tomorrow afternoon when we are closed.