PDA

View Full Version : Media Player 10

Poppa John
18-01-2005, 07:15 PM
How do I get this to put the CD name etc onto the computer when I rip/copy it into My Music. At the moment it comes up as "Unknown Album"? Thanks PJ

Chilling_Silence
18-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Not sure about WMP as I use Quintessntial media player: http://www.quinnware.com/
Grab it, it rocks and is really customisable with what it rips.

It checks cddb online and has had 100% for me so far :)

Edward
18-01-2005, 07:31 PM
In the music Library, find the track, right click each colum and select edit

Poppa John
18-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Chill..... Will it accept "Line In" from a stereo to copy LPs?? PJ

Chilling_Silence
18-01-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey PJ,

Nope, sorry, it wont... For that you'll need Goldwave (Tiny download....)
http://www.goldwave.com

Its dead easy to use althou looks a little scary at first. Goldwave will do LP recordings best for you :)

Chill.

Poppa John
18-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Edward.... Not sure if we understand each other. I want to put the CD name, say "Mark Knopfler, Golden Heart" in to the system as it rips. PJ

Edward
18-01-2005, 07:43 PM
oh, my method is only for if you've ripped it =\

If you need it before you've ripped it, try Quintessntial. I haven't used it, but is Chill recommends it, it can't be utterly horrible :)

Poppa John
18-01-2005, 07:50 PM
Chill.... Have downloaded Goldwave. Where, specifically, does it mention LP copying on Line In? PJ

Chilling_Silence
18-01-2005, 08:49 PM
You plug the LP Player in and it records.....

Poppa John
18-01-2005, 09:12 PM
You plug the LP Player in and it records.....
Chill... Ok will try it tomorrow when I am 'fresh & rested'. Thanks PJ

Poppa John
19-01-2005, 09:59 AM
How do I get this to put the CD name etc onto the computer when I rip/copy it into My Music. At the moment it comes up as "Unknown Album"? Thanks PJ

Could we re-visit this original question please... Thanks . PJ

Metla
19-01-2005, 10:07 AM
When Media player is installed it asks to be allowed to retrieve cd info from the internet,if this is unticked then it won't name the songs.

I would assume that the option is still there and the feature can be enabled.

I'll have a look around and see if i can find it, Bear in mind it will only be able to do so for cd's,and not for media feed inj through the sound card (Like a record player)

Poppa John
19-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Metla. Ok thanks will await your advice. In the meantime stay away from minefields PJ :)

Rob99
19-01-2005, 10:38 AM
Tools - Options - Library tab
Tick retrieve additional information from the Internet

and

Privacy tab
Tick Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet

Poppa John
19-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Tools - Options - Library tab
Tick retrieve additional information from the Internet

and

Privacy tab
Tick Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet

Rob99 No tick in libray tab All ok now thanks. PJ

Metla.. all done. Everything else is working great. Maryann is dead chuffed & boasting about her speed over mine (2200 x 1400). SO how fast can I go???? PJ

Metla
19-01-2005, 12:20 PM
>> SO how fast can I go???? PJ

You mean how fast a cpu can your system take?

Depends on the capability of your board and your ram,Current AMD cpu's on the market run at 166 fsb,where as yours would most probally be 133, and i have also found in the past that some boards detect cpu's over an 1800 as an unknown cpu, And i am afraid to say i do not not if this failure to detect correctly has any impact on the performance of the cpu.

If luck was with you then one of the original Athlon 2200+ cpu's would slot right in, if your really lucky your board may be able to run the higher fsb and take either one of the latest semprons or one of the last generation 32-bit athlons.

Everest may have the answers, If you can identify the make and model of the mobo then the info should be easy to find. (drivers cd should have this stamped on it as well.