PDA

View Full Version : PLZ HELP ACTIVE X INFOMATION BAR

MaGgoTPeZ
18-01-2005, 02:37 PM
I go to a web site with a pop up the info bar comes down and some bubbles below it to say to install it so i try to do what it says by clicking the info bar it is suposed to have a button to install but the only thing i have is info bar help and it blocks the pop up i wanted i tried going to tools and turning off pop up blocker, and I tried turning down my internet security all together nothing stops that stupid bar can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? PS:I also tried allowing the site didnt work either and if it makes a difference im running windows xp pro

FoxyMX
18-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Hmmm... it may be just me but I have great difficulty in understanding exactly what your problem is. It would help a lot if you structured your sentences into paragraphs complete with proper punctuation.

It appears that you have downloaded an unwanted tool bar and now want to get rid of it, is that correct? What is the name of the toolbar and what is the website that you got it from?

Also, this post is in the wrong forum - it should be in the other one.

Jen
18-01-2005, 03:43 PM
I have moved this post to the correct forum now.

From what I understand, the Internet Explorer (with XP SP2) information bar which notifies you of popups and website's trying to automatically download files, is not letting you bypass it's security feature when you click on it?

Have a look at this guide (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/web/sp2_popupblocker.mspx). Also be very careful with what you are allowing to download automatically off sites. Most are blocked for a good reason.