PDA

View Full Version : Data disk on DVD-R not working O.o

Rpg_pro
16-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Im trying to back up my files to ready a format. Im using nero, i highlight the files i want. Stick in a DVD-R click burn and it comes up with

"Please insert a disc of the correct type or modify the settings of your compilation to make it compatible with the current disc."

Can i write with a DVD-R or do i need +R?
If i can, where do i find these settings to modify?

Thanks

Jen
16-01-2005, 05:58 PM
What format does your DVD writer use? Have you got a brand/model number? Nero info tool should be able to provide this information if you are unsure, and it might even show what type of media is supported by the writer.

Rpg_pro
16-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Its a 16X DVD +&- R/RW dual layer,

I have written on these DVDS Before with this burner, Just not data

Rpg_pro
16-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Ok now im buring a data disk with "copytodvd" but i would like to use nero as i have the full version. copytodvd is a trial, Anyone know what/where settings its asking me to change?

Speedy Gonzales
16-01-2005, 06:22 PM
What option did u select in Nero, for that message to appear?? CD iso?? multisession, or dvd iso multisession??

It'll be better if u use INCD or directcd (part of Cd Creator), for data. Altho it'll be even better if ur hdd is partitioned. Just copy across the files that u need to the spare partition... And after u reinstall copy them back.

If youre copying program files (programs / games that are already installed)
I wouldnt bother backing up to DVD or CD. These wont work most probably.

The programs / games u have should be installed from the cd theyre on. After you format and reinstall whatever.

Only docs etc should be copied.

Rpg_pro
16-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Hmm well this is what i do,
- Open nero
- Click "Data" then "Data Disk"
- Click Add
- Added all the files ( total 3.9gb)
- Then I Click Next,
- Then "burn"

After that it spits out the disc and comes up with this
http://img159.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img159&image=nero9cx.jpg

Now what i have just noticed is that it wants a cdr/rw, how do i change it so it wants a dvdr/rw as well? i have had a little browse and i cant seem to find out where.

Speedy Gonzales
16-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Ah ok So u go thru Nero Express. Have u got a dvd burner and cd burner installed?? Or just a dvd burner??

On the Nero Express screen (where u select the data cd option), whats it say above this?? (where it says which recorder, would u like to use)??

The dvd burner and the cd burner?? If u have BOTH?? If u DO have a CD burner and a DVD burner click on the arrow (where it says which recorder would u like to use). I would say, if u ONLY have the DVD burner, and it brings up this message, that Nero doesnt allow u to back up to a blank dvd, only a blank cdr/w. So, you'll have to have/use a blank cdr/w cd.

Rpg_pro
17-01-2005, 05:11 AM
I only have a DVD burner installed.

Rpg_pro
17-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Ha, dont worry i have figured it out now :D thanks