PDA

View Full Version : PC wont shutdown!

Kenshin
14-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Every time I try to shutdown my PC, no matter I am in windows or the PC is booting and I held to the ON button the PC just simply reboots!! and it always reboots at the wrong speed (The default speed when u clear the CMOS)!!

I am guessing is the powersupply, but if it is it shouldn't cause my computer to reboot at the wrong speed right?? Maybe its the bios battery??

Any ideas?

Rob99
14-01-2005, 11:23 PM
You seem to be on the right track already

moldboy
15-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Try seeing if there are any BIOS updates

CliveM
15-01-2005, 04:02 PM
This link might help
http://www.theeldergeek.com/shutdown_issues_in_xp.htm

Prescott
15-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Try seeing if there are any BIOS updates

NOOOOO! you only update the BIOS if there is a known fault and an update will fix that, a false flash and you have yourself a paperweight,an expensive paperweight

moldboy
16-01-2005, 04:32 PM
NOOOOO! you only update the BIOS if there is a known fault and an update will fix that, a false flash and you have yourself a paperweight,an expensive paperweight
Updating your BIOS won't do any harm if it's the right update, might even fix some things you didn't knoww were broken! In fact most computer profesionals recomend updating out of the box. The only problem comes when the power goes off and the computer dies before it is finished, then you have a paperweight, or as I prefer a door stop.

Prescott
16-01-2005, 05:07 PM
the rule of thumb is, update only if you have to.

try that other psu, and some more system spec's would help