PDA

View Full Version : MSN Audio can't connect

SKT174
13-01-2005, 02:54 PM
I've recently bought a router, after that, my MSN Audio isn't able to connect at all, the web cam and file transfers works fine, both party can see each other on web cam, just the Audio part can not connect.

Any idea? Or does anyone know whether I need to forward a specific ports? I have already done ports from 6800 - 7000 but still doesn't work.

jack.mail@btinternet.com
19-03-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi, I also bought a router a Belkin and have had problems ever since. Belkin told me to set MTU to1400 no good. Enable Upnp, no good. Add MSN Messenger ports to Virtual servers, no good. I supect the problem is that the Router has a firewall and Xp has also got one and there may be a conflict. I have turned off the XP firewall and will let you know if this sorts it out.

Renmoo
19-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Port 1863, perhaps? Are you sure that your microphone is still working, SKT? Have you checked out the "Audio and Video setup" wizard?

Cheers :)

SurferJoe46
19-03-2006, 03:25 AM
Hi, I also bought a router a Belkin and have had problems ever since. Belkin told me to set MTU to1400 no good. Enable Upnp, no good. Add MSN Messenger ports to Virtual servers, no good. I supect the problem is that the Router has a firewall and Xp has also got one and there may be a conflict. I have turned off the XP firewall and will let you know if this sorts it out.

I'm not buying that...as that is the same system I basically have and MSN Vid/Chat works fine here, as does Yah!Chat and also any other chat medium with vid or voice or both.

Suggest looking someplace else for that problem.

XP-Pro, SP2, Belkin Router (DSL BEFSR41), Westell WireSpeed DSL Modem, Linksys NIC, etc....router with it's own hardware firewall, Windows XP-Firewall running, AVG-Free, Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, SpywareBlaster, Windows Defender...all running well and getting along just fine.

You might want to run Microsoft's Baseline Security here and get that security stuff checked out. (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx) "Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA) is an easy-to-use tool designed for the IT professional that helps small- and medium-sized businesses determine their security state in accordance with Microsoft security recommendations and offers specific remediation guidance. Improve your security management process by using MBSA to detect common security misconfigurations and missing security updates on your computer systems."