PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bothered to go to chatF1???

beetle
07-01-2005, 10:07 PM
cant say ive been there for ages, so had a nosy tonight and nobody home for yonks, the dust was atrocious...........

so PM's have taken over where chat left off?
and if we dont use it for any reason whats the possibility we'll lose it??

just being my usual nosy self.

b :2cents: :p

Cicero
07-01-2005, 10:15 PM
cant say ive been there for ages, so had a nosy tonight and nobody home for yonks, the dust was atrocious...........

so PM's have taken over where chat left off?
and if we dont use it for any reason whats the possibility we'll lose it??

just being my usual nosy self.

b :2cents: :p
Just missed you Beet,saw you had been there. ;)

beetle
07-01-2005, 10:17 PM
I back..............

beetle
07-01-2005, 11:22 PM
Ok a whole 3 of us been there and done that, and you young sweetie Thomas left too early all the good juicy action happened after you left....:p

spot you guys there next time....

b

Cicero
07-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Ok a whole 3 of us been there and done that, and you young sweetie Thomas left too early all the good juicy action happened after you left....:p

spot you guys there next time....

b

I doubt it ;)

Strommer
09-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Maybe a stupid question, but THIS is PXWorldChat, right? Or is there a separate chat room?

noone
09-01-2005, 11:40 AM
real time chat is always better , this forum although named pressf1 chat prob means a place to chat about random non puter related things. Alot of pressf1 members just share IM's which IMO is better then chat

Strommer
09-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Yeah real time chat is better but my question is: Where is the real time chat here on PF1?

Edward
09-01-2005, 02:12 PM
There ain't one. The one beetle refers to is ChatF1. farr.net.nz/chat

Sad to say I haven't been there for a while. Now it's all IRC based. Plus the fact Firefox forgot what my password was _

Cicero
09-01-2005, 03:02 PM
Yeah real time chat is better but my question is: Where is the real time chat here on PF1?
Here it is dear boy...

http://www.chatf1.net.nz/

beetle
09-01-2005, 07:38 PM
For beeps sake....if it was IRC ???? i wont be there so.... no bloody idea where it is anyway.
I dont use IRC and im on dial up .........

cos nobody has told me And others maybe....the hows and whys of getting there.
not that im remotely interested...... im not geek enuf apparently or the wrong side of 20 it seems.............. :rolleyes:

no offence but it brass's me off this guy asked a simple question, and yet he didnt receive the answer about what chat place i use, ( and every body knows dont they i broadcast it enuf???? No?) that nots IRC.....

Chat F1 is fine for us non geek mortals.............. :@@:
having a bugga of a day, a bugga of a week and a really screwed up year already so....... sorry to be blunt. but i cant be bothered with the crap people talk at mo. thanxs Thomas much appreciate the help.

and i couldnt care less if ya ban me.................... cos im blunt.

:badpc: :badpc: :badpc:

b

Prescott
09-01-2005, 07:46 PM
msn messenger is just as good, ive got a few people from pf1 on there........

Edward
09-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Beetle: Bad day? I sympathise, i've had a bugger of one too...

Prescott: MSN keeps kicking me off every 30 seconds :@@:

Prescott
09-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Beetle: Bad day? I sympathise, i've had a bugger of one too...

Prescott: MSN keeps kicking me off every 30 seconds :@@:

really? last night i was signed in on msn for 11 hours and it never signed out, how is your firewall set up?

Edward
09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Actually I was talking to someone from England, and he had the same problems. IRC, AIM, ICQ & YIM all work (using trillian so it's 1 client)

agent
09-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I bet you can't beat my day for badness, but it's too bad too post.

Strommer
09-01-2005, 11:33 PM
" fine for us non geek mortals.. "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Luvya, Beetle !!

Like the old saying goes: "Misery likes company."
So thanks for sharing about life being screwed up, cuz here I am on holiday next to Coogee Beach in Sydney and an operation I had has flared up and it makes walking a pain, literally.... and what I feel like doing is to run along the beach, etc. Well well, there is always trusty PF1 to make me feel better. :D And I don't even have to go to an internet cafe as I have a ten buck for two weeks surf til ya drop internet card. :thumbs:

beetle
09-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeah well, misery is an understatement at the moment....:p

Hope ya get better soon and home in no time flat.....

Life is I found to be different levels of crap, the more knowledgeable you are the worse things get, cos you get a lot deeper involved with the brain cells....LOL so that sinking feeling sets in too late to be of help...LOL

probably similar to when the helicopter blades stop rotating feeling.....

Mortals feel pain, and at the mo id say you and me have different levels of pain in our lives.... but things will get better for all concerned ...hope .....

Take care, and spot ya round pf1....

b :lol:

beetle
20-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok just to bump this lovely thread again,

was thinking....well maybe i was, :p

how about we get together here, at chat tomorow night for a change??
its friday then isnt it? the 21st of jan....05 LOL

the regulars and anyone else wanting to join.....after 8:30 PM? come and have a natter.................

hopefully ill be there to?
LOL

not been there much lately, not been anywhere much lately....:D

spot ya.

beetle

Edward
20-01-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm in there now... bob_doe_nz was in around an hour ago but aside form that no-one...

beetle
21-01-2005, 02:07 PM
LOL

remember to mark the calenders people.................

be just my luck i miss it.....:p

see you later alligator.

would be cool if ya all made the effort and we saw a lot of people there....

beetle :eek: :@@:

Speedy Gonzales
21-01-2005, 02:40 PM
I'll rather use Mirc. More channels to chat in, go to, and more people as well.

It'll be better, if a channel was made on a server that already exists, instead of trying to create one and expect people to visit it.

And one where u can op, if u get added, and one with decent commands in/on it.

I've got enough usernames/passwords to remember let alone try and remember one thats web based :2cents:

beetle
21-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Well thats fine, but as far as i can tell all the IRC and other sites seem to be a big flop and nobody bothers to go there, no matter how good they are reported to be, seems everybody is either to lazy or cant be bothered or like me has no idea the ins and out of getting there.

but hey what ever blows your trumpet. you go with it, hope you happy when you get there.

cos its hard work i see no matter what site / channel you go to, to actually get people there all at same time. and im always the one who catches the flack of how bad chat f1 is, but does anyone actually get something worthwhile and something that works, and is busy going?

chat is fine by me, i appreciate the imput liam and sal gives us by providing us with a free site for chat and images. donations all gratefully accepted by them of course.

and if ya havent got something nice to say, then yeah dont bother, enuf rant from me.

dont look gift horse's in the mouth.

grumpy beetle signing off.

see ya whenever if.

b

Metla
21-01-2005, 02:58 PM
Whoa.....

I agree though,Irc is crap, And the chat set up by Liam is excellent.

TonyF
21-01-2005, 03:38 PM
grumpy beetle signing off.
b

??Grumpy ?? Now that's out of character !
We surely need the daily input from Beetle the Lively...

Cheers
Tony

Dannz
21-01-2005, 03:46 PM
There is also a new IRC Channel that usually has at least one person on it if you want someone to chat to

ps
The Old irc server seems to be offline

personthingy
21-01-2005, 08:19 PM
There is also a new IRC Channel that usually has at least one person on it if you want someone to chat to

ps
The Old irc server seems to be offlineWell come over to CF1 and tell us where the new channel is then.....

Meanwhile @ CF1... Wheres the Beet gone?
:D

beetle
21-01-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah grumpy.........

seems everyone has a bad day now and then, me it seems more at the moment than usual.... :@@: :@@:

tired and stress is the culprit......cant seem to get rid of either..... :@@: :@@:

ill see you there soon,
i see some others already there, hang in there guys, ill be back soon.

beetle

Cicero
21-01-2005, 08:34 PM
There are people there now,

beetle
21-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Come on people where are the rest of ya hiding?

:horrified

~sy~
21-01-2005, 10:36 PM
Come on people where are the rest of ya hiding?

:horrified
On PressF1 :D

beetle
22-01-2005, 09:15 PM
LOL Chat anyone for a change?????????

hahaha

Edward
22-01-2005, 09:18 PM
The lag is terrible, especially when right next to an IRC room :annoyed:

agent
22-01-2005, 10:47 PM
Perhaps because ChatF1 goes to a US-based server.

I'm willing to bet the lag on any IRC server hosted on a Jetstream connection could get just as bad, though.

personthingy
23-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Perhaps because ChatF1 goes to a US-based server.

I'm willing to bet the lag on any IRC server hosted on a Jetstream connection could get just as bad, though.http://www.farr.net.nz/chat/ is designed to be web browser friendly by using a selfrefreshing chat window. Every few seconds the main frame is automaticly refreshed, and any new postings in the chat are displayed. The down side of this is that it may take a few seconds to display any new postings. Bummer ey? While the fact that the postings have to go to the states before they even get considered for the next refresh doesn't help, the "lag" that people refer to would be about the same even if CF1 was hosted by a machine on your own LAN.

The one thing that CF1 has over the IRC channel is that it is a more appealing space for those of us who sometimes wander off from chatting about computer issues.

Perhaps it is a sign of growth that like PF1 itself, the privatly run chat extentions of this community have divided into chatty and technical spaces?