PDA

View Full Version : Please, dont hesitate to use the "Report Post" button!

Scouse
06-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Hi Folks. I'm probably having a bad-hair day and I can't really see me ever wanting to use the damn thing, BUT where is the said button? :cool:

beetle
06-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Apparently the triangle icon is the said button (red and white) next to online status button....under name etc....

clear as mud?

b

Metla
06-01-2005, 10:08 PM
On the left ,right beside the green online indicator.

~sy~
06-01-2005, 10:14 PM
On the left ,right beside the green online indicator.
Or the slightly blueish one when they are offline. Basically the red triangle.

Metla
06-01-2005, 10:18 PM
well yes....But if they were offline they wouldn't be able to see the indicator or the red triangle...

Besides,mine is red :D

Prescott
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
i wonder what happens when i click it, ive actually never clicked it before........ its tempting to press it now, just for the hell of it but that would be wrong.......

~sy~
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
well yes....But if they were offline they wouldn't be able to see the indicator or the red triangle...

Besides,mine is red :D
I'm slightly confused. I can... The only ones I can't see it is where the post is my own -not that i want to report myself ;)

Mike
06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
i wonder what happens when i click it, ive actually never clicked it before........ its tempting to press it now, just for the hell of it but that would be wrong.......
It opens a page (similar to a Private Message box) where you can write a bit to the Mods possibly about why you think its a bad post or whatever.

Mike.

~sy~
06-01-2005, 10:25 PM
It'll be alright to try. You'll simply come up to a page where you get to explain yourself (i.e. any messages you may have for the mods) before it gets sent off once you press 'Submit'

I'm sure you won't be told off for trying... or will you? :eek:

Metla
06-01-2005, 10:25 PM
I just clicked it,Just brings up a pm box that goes to the mods.

I was tempted to send it off with a claim that presscott parts his hair to the left, I decided not to, The feeling in the air is that the mods are a little stressed and they just might break me into little peices and grind them pieces into juice...... :D

Jen
06-01-2005, 10:27 PM
i wonder what happens when i click it, ive actually never clicked it before........ What happens after you click the "Report Bad Post" on the post you wish to report, is that a dialog box pops up where you can enter in why you are reporting that post. When you submit this, it gets instantly emailed to all Moderators, and it includes the link to the reported post. We then respond to this as soon as we can and will take action if that is appropriate.

Cicero
06-01-2005, 10:31 PM
Oh the joy of keeping tabs on you naughty naughty boys. :D :D

Scouse
06-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Hi Folks. Thanks everyone. I had this vague idea that I would be swamped with fingers pointing to the said button. Interesting to note that the system prevents me from complaining about myself in case I ever have a really bad-hair day. :cool:

~sy~
06-01-2005, 11:45 PM
If its really necessary then I'm sure you could PM either me or many others lurking around at the time -we'll be happy to report you on your behalf ;)

Graham L
07-01-2005, 02:05 PM
No. you can't report your self.

And if you have a look at who's online you will see yourself listed first. Shows the sorting procedure has a proper sense of values. :D

Baldy
07-01-2005, 08:25 PM
I just clicked it,Just brings up a pm box that goes to the mods.

I was tempted to send it off with a claim that presscott parts his hair to the left, I decided not to, The feeling in the air is that the mods are a little stressed and they just might break me into little peices and grind them pieces into juice...... :D

Wonder why they are stressed?

Metla
07-01-2005, 08:27 PM
My guess is its related to their diet.

beetle
07-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Maybe just maybe too many report bad posts or people complaining about other pf1 members ?????
LOL

b

Prescott
07-01-2005, 08:40 PM
What happens after you click the "Report Bad Post" on the post you wish to report, is that a dialog box pops up where you can enter in why you are reporting that post. When you submit this, it gets instantly emailed to all Moderators, and it includes the link to the reported post. We then respond to this as soon as we can and will take action if that is appropriate.

well im sure we dont have to use it do we guys, because we are so nice and friendly :)