PDA

View Full Version : New HP Online classes for the New Year

FoxyMX
06-01-2005, 09:25 AM
A new crop of HP Online classes are about to begin. See their website (http://hplearningcenter.com/all_courses.jsp?mcid=em15saleft) for the list which includes:

* Introduction to MS PowerPoint
* Advanced MS Excel (not introduction, sorry JJJJJ)
* Beginning Adobe® Illustrator
* Linux 101
* Introduction to Microsoft® PowerPoint
* Introduction to Microsoft® Word 2002
* Introduction to Microsoft® Office Publisher 2003
* Maintaining your Microsoft Windows XP® computer
* Networking 101
* Running your small business with Intuit QuickBooks 2004
* Building layers of security for your business
and lots lots more.

The HP Learning Center courses are free, instructor-led, online courses in all the latest business and technology topics. The courses are supported by their adverts on each page, which are not obtrusive and your inbox is not spammed with junk after signing up.

The courses are informative and even if you are an advanced user in a program you can often learn a few new handy tricks so they are worth looking at.

Enjoy. :)

Prescott
06-01-2005, 09:31 AM
has anyone tried the linux 101 course? whats it like and what do you have to do?

FoxyMX
06-01-2005, 09:50 AM
has anyone tried the linux 101 course? whats it like and what do you have to do?
Yes, I did the first one that was run. It was quite good, though a little basic for me because I had gone a quite a bit further than needing an "Introduction" but I still picked up quite a few good tips.

What do you have to do? In the one I did we were taken through the process of downloading, installing and familiarising ourselves with Fedora Core 2 but you can use other distros if you wish.

It isn't a comprehensive course but it will probably be enough to get you going. The tutor (and often other students) is available to answer any questions on the bulletin board if you need help.

It is worth a look. :)

Prescott
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
hhhmm, and this is all done on the net?

Scouse
06-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi Folks.
Agree totally with this comment: The courses are informative and even if you are an advanced user in a program you can often learn a few new handy tricks so they are worth looking at. Most segments of the courses can be viewed as a single printable page and I have several of these courses in loose leaf folders for reference. Recommended. :cool:

Prescott
06-01-2005, 01:22 PM
i just enrolled in the linux 101 course, and i see that the current course sessions are Dec 16 2004 - Jan 28 2005 which is a bit late, oh well i might just have to move quicker

Pato
06-01-2005, 04:16 PM
FoxyMX, Thanks for info. I have just joined up for course.

FoxyMX
10-01-2005, 11:37 AM
i just enrolled in the linux 101 course, and i see that the current course sessions are Dec 16 2004 - Jan 28 2005 which is a bit late, oh well i might just have to move quicker
That is not a problem, you can join up and do the classes at anytime that the course is running. And yes, it is all done on the net.

Once the courses have finished the material is still available for a short time afterwards then are taken down so I do the same as Scouse and open each lesson on one page and save them all to my hard drive for future reference rather than print them as Scouse does.