PDA

View Full Version : Firefox Corrupt/Machine language display.

drb1
05-01-2005, 09:23 PM
People,

A lot of pages that displayed perfectly in firefox yeterday are now only displaying in machine language, with smileys included today. mainly on Trade me.

Is this a SCAMME ploy to force people to use IE/MS and view adds or is there some setting adjustment or modification required.

The same pages show in M/S IE properly but do not show in M/S firefox.

No the modification to show pages faster does not affect this as I have the same issue in unmodified brouser in m/s 2K Pro.

Links like the contact us link do not display properly any more.

D.

Jen
05-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I just took at look at trademe using Firefox and followed the contact links OK with everything displaying normally. Have you looked at your encoding etc?

Prescott
05-01-2005, 09:29 PM
working fine for me in FF

drb1
05-01-2005, 09:31 PM
working fine for me in FF

Jen prescott,

Something has probably died but why between sesions with no changes?? and only part of that site??

Edit,

Didnt like being hibernated for some reason?????

Shut down restart = problem goes away.

D.

Prescott
05-01-2005, 10:20 PM
wierd, just like my little smilie issue, some times they work and sometimes they dont........

drb1
05-01-2005, 11:22 PM
wierd, just like my little smilie issue, some times they work and sometimes they dont........

What was really weird is that it was only SCAMME pages.??????

It appeared to be cache related after being hibernated, live and learn.

D.

bmason
05-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Check your default character encoding setting.

In firefox: View -> Character Encoding.
In IE: View -> Encoding.

Any of UTF-8, ISO8859, or Windows-1252 should work. If its set to something else it will explain why text is being displayed correctly.
The default for IE is Windows-1252, the default for FF is ISO8859-1.

FoxyMX
06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Why is that weird? Google bots run rife over this forum, as you should know, so the "Scamme" people have probably become aware of your, er, dislike for them. ;)

You know.... payback time. :eek:

:D :p :D

ninja
06-01-2005, 09:31 AM
You continuously complain about "TradeMe" and obviously think that replacing every instance of TradeMe you find with SCAMME is amusing.

So why pray tell were you browsing their site. If you despise them so much and can't stand their business practices and rules shouldn't you be boycotting them.

Or is all this just a farce?

drb1
06-01-2005, 11:49 PM
You continuously complain about "TradeMe" and obviously think that replacing every instance of TradeMe you find with SCAMME is amusing.

So why pray tell were you browsing their site. If you despise them so much and can't stand their business practices and rules shouldn't you be boycotting them.

Or is all this just a farce?

Know thy enemy

Pretty poor attempt at trying to start a cat fight old girl/boy/boygirl???? you must be slipping.

D.

ninja
07-01-2005, 08:19 AM
Know thy enemy

Pretty poor attempt at trying to start a cat fight old girl/boy/boygirl???? you must be slipping.

D.
So you sit at home in camo gear "knowing thy enemy" by browsing their auctions, preparing for the day when you do nothing to affect them in any significant way? Or you could just be a hypocritical serial whinger buying cheap stuff off the auction site you love to loathe.

I have no interest in starting arguments with you, I like a little more substance.