View Full Version : Computer to TV

05-01-2005, 05:22 PM
So i know you can hook your computer to your TV and view it though your comp through your TV screen. I also know you can hook the TV into the computer. I know what the cord is called to hook TV to comp, but what is the cord called that hooks your comp into your tv? My monitor is crap so im hoping my new flat screen TV will do better than the monitor i have now untill i get a new one.
I Figure your video card must support this...I have a slot that looks as if it would fit a cord like that, my vid card is a ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2005, 05:39 PM
The cable can be either an RCA cable that goes from the video out from your video card to the TV video in.

Or a s-video connection (the 5 pin din plug). Which plugs into a s-video connection on your TV.

You may also need the proper video card drivers, so it works properly.

05-01-2005, 05:58 PM
But, prepare to be disappointed!

Resolution on a TV is usually lousy when used as a PC monitor. Unless its the latest LCD flat panel TV...

05-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Godfathers right - The only thing that looks good is the likes of Video/DVD's/FPS Games.

Desktop use is near hopeless unless you use the Magnifier.

The latest LCD Flat-panel TVs are out of my price range so no comment here ;)

Speedy Gonzales
05-01-2005, 08:03 PM
I've got this thing connected to a 29' sony trinitron.

It's readable, and clear.

06-01-2005, 01:32 PM
well, the computer i just built is for pure gaming, and i have a brand new Flat screen TV. So if the cords arent to bad expensive i might give it a try. it cant hurt to try. thanks for the info