PDA

View Full Version : Careless talk causes loss of face.........

Terry Porritt
05-01-2005, 10:58 AM
It's quite amazing. As has been said already by Jen, this forum is just swarming with search engine bots.

Just a very little while after I mentioned in "The speed time travels" thread about the Hawker Hurricane flying at 470mph, I thought I'd better check up on it.

Putting Hawker Hurricane Edinburgh to London into Google, and lo! there was the PC World posting with my gaff publicised to the whole world :o
Checking again this morning, and there was my post correcting the speed.

Now I will time this posting and see how long it takes to appear on Google.

The lesson is, dont say anything you will later regret, you just dont know who will read it.

I think on the old PF1 the bots were denied entry to an extent.

Cicero
05-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Don't know what to make of that!

Metla
05-01-2005, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the board before the last one pretty much died under the weight of the bots,and that the most recent board had them locked out completely.

Seems to me it would be a good idea to bar them from here, a google for just about anything brings up this forum.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start dropping down in the results over the next few months though.

Just done a google for helmet camera,First result in the list is the tale of strapping a camera to a helmet and riding an XR500....

Mike
05-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Don't worry Terry - at least you're not using your real name on the forum ;) :p

Mike.

Terry Porritt
05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
That's right. A long time ago in a far distant PF1 forum, I occasionally posted as Ford Prefect. Now I can neither confirm nor deny that may or may not be my real name or an alias :thumbs:

Graham L
06-01-2005, 02:49 PM
But have you got two heads?

Terry Porritt
06-01-2005, 03:00 PM
Sometimes Graham, when I feel a split personality coming on.

Graham L
06-01-2005, 03:13 PM
So you've been outed, Zaphod.

Terry Porritt
06-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Ah-Ha, Google has caught up with us:
Look (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=careless+talk+causes+loss+of+face+%2Bpc+world&btnG=Google+Search&meta=)

So that took about 28 hours or less for Google to catch this posting.