PDA

View Full Version : DVD Copy (part 2)

ironman
04-01-2005, 11:21 PM
It seems I may have caused some confusion when I asked for help about copying DVD's. I should explain further. I was sent a DVD from England for Xmas which is a very rare music video. I want a copy of it in case the original gets damaged in any way. This was my first post and maybe it was misunderstood. I was dissapointed that some people automatically thought I must be "pirating". I hope this clears everything up. Thanks to those people who gave me advice which I am following up. :)

Metla
04-01-2005, 11:26 PM
dvdshrink is all you need,Its free,easy to find via google, and simple to use.

It does use the Nero burning engine though so you will need that installed,If you don't already have then the demo will do fine....

Prescott
04-01-2005, 11:26 PM
so what you want to buy another one? but not putting it in your pc and *you know the rest*...........

drb1
05-01-2005, 12:05 AM
It seems I may have caused some confusion when I asked for help about copying DVD's. I should explain further. I was sent a DVD from England for Xmas which is a very rare music video. I want a copy of it in case the original gets damaged in any way. This was my first post and maybe it was misunderstood. I was dissapointed that some people automatically thought I must be "pirating". I hope this clears everything up. Thanks to those people who gave me advice which I am following up. :)

Something interesting happen whilst I was away.

Spare HDD with nero and/or DVD shrink images is also an option.

Which is why I asked you to clarify what you were really trying to do.

D.

ironman
05-01-2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks for your help. Problem solvbed now. You were kind enough to ask for clarification. I appreciate that. :)

ironman
05-01-2005, 10:30 AM
dvdshrink is all you need,Its free,easy to find via google, and simple to use.

It does use the Nero burning engine though so you will need that installed,If you don't already have then the demo will do fine....
Thanks for your help. Problem now solved.

ironman
05-01-2005, 10:32 AM
so what you want to buy another one? but not putting it in your pc and *you know the rest*...........
I have no idea what you are talking about. I thought my message was pretty clear. Problem is now solved anyway. Thanks for your interest.

Prescott
05-01-2005, 01:13 PM
well i thought it was pretty clear, i was just making sure, like with all these copywright rules and all...........

godfather
05-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Your message was pretty clear Ironman.

A "rare music video" ... is likely to be copyright, therefore the original thread advice would still hold. If it's copyright, you are not permitted to copy it.

If, on the other hand it's rare because it was made on a home DV camera by your uncle fred who did all the singing and dancing, and who has given you permission you can copy it.