PDA

View Full Version : my week for problems

paradox
04-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Hello there

iThis is a plea to any moderaters who may watching. The machine I'm using is sick and I would really like to access PF1 on my old Celeron machine. Trouble is PF1 will not accept my password and when I follow the steps to fix a forgotten pasword there is no sign of the e-mail that is supposed to come to me. I've been trying all day....is that part of the new PF1 working yet? I sent myself an e-mail on the old machine and my e-mailer is working OK.

Since I'm here, I'll try to make a short description of the trouble on this machine. Last night while downloading a file the system just locked up and I tried to close the download with ctrl alt del. Still locked and in the end had to do a hard restart.

First part of startup went ok but the Windows "Welcome" screen arrived standing on its end and now I'm stuck with everything sideways on the screen. For instance this PF1 page has the Firefox heading and toolbars up and down at the left side of the screen and my neck is breaking typing this. As far as I'v e tried, most things seem to be working altho the cursor is a bit strange. I ran AVG at once and it reported nothing found. This is an LG 17" CRT. Any help with this would be truly great. Ken

Jen
04-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I take it you are currently accessing PF1 from a browser that auto-logins you in here? I'm not sure if the forgotten password thing is automatically handled, or if the Admin team do it manually. If the forgotten password email hasn't turned up yet, I would send a message to Mary (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/member.php?u=8401) who is one of the Admins for this site and ask her to look into it for you. :)

Mike
04-01-2005, 09:29 PM
What graphics card and drivers have you got? If I right-click on the desktop and click properties, from the Display Properties window that opens I click Settings, then the Advanced button (near the bottom). The advanced settings window should open, which should have a few tabs on it. On one of the tabs it has an option for screen rotation - try changing this setting (if you've got it). I've had this setting on this card (Radeon) and my old NVidia card (different software, but mostly the same options.

Mike.

paradox
04-01-2005, 11:10 PM
Jen... Thanks for the reply. Still no e-mail and if there is no sign of one in the morning I'll send a message to Mary.

Mike... Thanks for your reply too. I found the option "Rotate" pretty much where you suggested but in Control Panel/Intell Extreme Graphics. I've no idea what caused the rotation to happen but I is GREAT to see everything the right way around. Cheers Ken. :)

Mike
05-01-2005, 05:01 PM
I've no idea what caused the rotation to happen but I is GREAT to see everything the right way around. Cheers Ken. :)
Was the rotation set? Or have you set it to another setting to get the view right?

Mike.

paradox
05-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Mike...No..it was set on 90degrees I think. Changed it to "normal" and that put it right...Ken