PDA

View Full Version : Networking with Win ME

bpt2
04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
I have two computers on a peer to peer network both running Win ME. File sharing and print sharing works fine. One computer has a dial-up modem and I want to be able to connect the other one to the net (I used to be able to do that but the settings got lost after I had some trouble). I have tried various setup procedures but to no avail. Does anyone have the definitive word on the correct settings to access the net from the networked computer without a modem?

Ash M
04-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I have two computers on a peer to peer network both running Win ME. File sharing and print sharing works fine. One computer has a dial-up modem and I want to be able to connect the other one to the net (I used to be able to do that but the settings got lost after I had some trouble). I have tried various setup procedures but to no avail. Does anyone have the definitive word on the correct settings to access the net from the networked computer without a modem?

I can't remember exactly whether its built into ME or not, but Windows ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) should do the trick.

Note that your speeds will be shoddy.

Webbase
04-01-2005, 05:24 PM
I would be alot easier if you had NT/2000/XP! :D

This could be helpful:

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;234815&spid=6519&sid=184