PDA

View Full Version : AdmilliKeep and AdmilliServ - HELP!!!!!!

JdwPom
04-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Well, with a great amount of stupidity, I clicked yes when I meant no and managed to download a whole heap of self-installing ad-ware... Anybody heard of these programs? Anyone got a clue how to remove them? I've managed to find the executables, but they can't be deleted as they area permanently running item, almost lke a TSR, but if I use task manager to try and end the process, it just reappears at a different memory address instantly. If anyone has any idea what to do about this lot - help me out, and if you know how to get rid of the random buldog-(insert word here).com websites that just randomly bring themselves up, let me know.

Embarrasedly yours

D-W

tweak'e
04-01-2005, 01:44 PM
the simple way to remove this one is to use add/remove. believe it or not its listed and uninstaller actually works.

if for some reason it dosn't uninstall, adaware will detect it but i found that it couldn't remove it as admilliserv protects itself.

Webbase
04-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Doh!

Try www.pandasoftware.com, and run their online virus scanner...although I wouldn't hold my breath on that catching them.

Try add/remove programs, often they will be listed there and you can remove them, then remove the executables etc...

Or finally, try removing them running in safe mode.

Hope this helps.

Prescott
04-01-2005, 09:16 PM
get the latest copy of spybot search and destroy, adaware, and AVG and nail the nasties

ninja
04-01-2005, 09:39 PM
SpyWare FAQ:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/faq.php?faq=pressf1_faqs_security#faq_pressf1_faq_ 16

Then:
www.mozilla.org/firefox

JdwPom
05-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Not in the add/remove list sorry. Plenty of the things it adds are in there, but I'll be dead honest, the only way I've found to get rid of half this stuff had been to whip out regedit and sit there for five hours looking for any reference to them. All gone, but no help... Will mess with the safe mode thing and the other suggestions and get back to you

pheonix
05-01-2005, 01:42 AM
First thing is to clean out your Internet cache and Temp folders. This is because a lot of these type of malware set themselves up there. They replace what you try to remove, all from a place that doesn't get cleaned out too often. Suggest a nifty little program called Ccleaner, avaiable at www.ccleaner.com

Then get regcleaner, where you can see any listings for it ,and remove them, followed by a clean. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=460

drb1
05-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Embarrasedly yours

D-W[/QUOTE]

Any body whom to some degree hasnt done something like this at some stage has been very lucky.

If you have system restore might pay to empty it as well.

D.

tweak'e
05-01-2005, 11:05 AM
strange. i ran into this little nasty quite recently. it was listed in add/remove but it may not be under an obouise name.

otherwise run adaware/spybot/antivirus. hijackthis may be able to break it out but use as last resort as you can easly break other things.

PcNut
05-01-2005, 01:05 PM
RIP suprnova.org 19/12/04 - never forget.
Yes, a truly sad day on the great intarweb.

johnleask69
07-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Well, I know installing something else is something you probably don't want to do, but it could be the best way. If you install the newest Yahoo Toolbar, with it comes a Yahoo Anti-Spy. It scans your computer in less than a minute. It then shows you all the trojans, hijackers, adware, and others of the sort. You can quickly remove all the results that it shows you.
Hope this helps!