PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla hangs when I try to attach a file

Oggy
02-01-2005, 10:22 PM
Hi
A funny problem has arisen over the last few days. Before Xmas I e-mailed an attachment to my daughter (copy of an FTP program but I don't think that's important). Since then, when I try to send an attachment the dialog box opens at the downloads\software folder that I had to get that file from for my daughter and then Mozilla freezes. Can only get out of it by doing the CTRL ALT DEL thing. I opened Netscape Navigator and it had no problem attaching the file.
Any ideas anyone? :help:

Chilling_Silence
02-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I had the same issue with Firefox - It went away when I upgraded from 0.7 to 1.0 :)

Oggy
03-01-2005, 08:44 PM
After I had a look to see if Netscape could attach a file I went back into Mozilla to see if that had somehow loosened things up there ... and it had. The problem is now gone. Go figure!

Oggy
19-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Oops. Spoke to soon. The problem has returned. This time it returned several 'blue screens of death' following the CTRL ALT DEL action. I think I might empty the folder that Mozilla is dafaulting to and see if that stops it hanging.
Any other ideas would be welcome (apart from using Outlook)

Squibler
19-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Are you using 'Mozilla Firefox' or just 'Mozilla'?

Squibler

ninja
19-01-2005, 05:25 PM
Are you using 'Mozilla Firefox' or just 'Mozilla'?

I had the same issue with Firefox - It went away when I upgraded from 0.7 to 1.0 :)
FireFox is a browser boys and girls, no mail program at all.

Chilling_Silence
19-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Ah heck, why'd I write firefox for an email client.....

I had the same issue, just wrote the wrong app name.

Never actually had issues like that with Firefox :-/
As you can see it was getting pretty late:
02-01-2005, 11:41 PM

Oggy
20-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Solved (again). I emptied the folder that Mozilla was pointing to and it all works now. I knew I was onto a winner when I opened Windows Explorer to empty the folder as when I selected the relevant folder, Explorer took an age to open it completely and had stalled on the same icon that Mozilla stalled on when I was trying to do the attachment. Why? Who knows? Don't really care as long as it's all going again. :D