PDA

View Full Version : spybot search and destroy installed now internet not working

lisamarie01
02-01-2005, 02:09 AM
I installed spybot search and destroy today and went through and did the check for problems and it came up with heaps which i got it to backup then remove or whatever it does, and then connected to the internet fine, but it wont got to web sites just keep getting the page not found thing, also my emails wont download in outlook express keep getting no socket error, so i went into system restore (have a compaq) and it went back to before i did the removal of the adaware etc found on my computer and it works fine, my problem is i want to get rid of that stuff there were lots of browser hijackers and adaware and a dialer in there i think how do i know what i can and cannot delete? some of the stuff was in the registry which im assuming is why my internet went haywire. pleaseee help!!!

Cicero
02-01-2005, 08:07 AM
I installed spybot search and destroy today and went through and did the check for problems and it came up with heaps which i got it to backup then remove or whatever it does, and then connected to the internet fine, but it wont got to web sites just keep getting the page not found thing, also my emails wont download in outlook express keep getting no socket error, so i went into system restore (have a compaq) and it went back to before i did the removal of the adaware etc found on my computer and it works fine, my problem is i want to get rid of that stuff there were lots of browser hijackers and adaware and a dialer in there i think how do i know what i can and cannot delete? some of the stuff was in the registry which im assuming is why my internet went haywire. pleaseee help!!!

Until the experts turn up! Did you do a reboot?

johnboy
02-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Try this winsock fix which should help. While you have your computer running properly you can take a backup of all your settings then it can restore them if you remove any spyware,
There is also a restore feature in spybot.just under the check for problems button in case you remove something you really need..
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
hth

FoxyMX
02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
It would have helped if you had posted this in your other thread as they are related.

It sounds like the Winsock has been taken out with the removal of the spyware. Run the tools through their tricks again then go to this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=52832&highlight=winsock) and follow the instructions given by ninja.

Let us know how you get on - in this thread, please. :)

lisamarie01
02-01-2005, 04:19 PM
ok i dont have anything on my list of problems under spybot that is the cw thing u mentioned these are the adaware etc it came upwith

comload - 4 entries
No adaware - 2 entries
C2.lop - 4 entries
Alexa Related - 1 entry
funweb - 4 entries
webhancer 1 entry
windows adtools -1 entry
Adult box- 1 entry
altnet - 2 entries
coolwwwsearch.cameup - 1 entry
coolwwwsearch.smallM - 97 entries
callinghome.biz - 6 entries
delfin project - 4 entries
DyFuCA.internet optimiser-2 entries
DyFuCA - 1 entry
eXact Advertising.barginsbuddy - 3 entries
Funweb - 4 entries
ISearchtech.powerscan - 1 entry
mywebsearch - 9 entries
Noadaware - 2 entries
spyhunter - 2 entries
webhancer - 1 entry

these are all the things it has found any help would be appreciated. thanks

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2005, 04:38 PM
You have a big prob Lisa!

What version of Spybot have u got?? It must have picked something up!

I would try downloading Adaware 1.05 SE. See what that picks up and fixes.

ninja
02-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Get rid of everything that it can, then reboot and let it remove the stuff it needs to reboot to remove (if there is any)

Once you've done that, try getting the intarweb. If it doesn't work, try doing the procedure here:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showpost.php?p=307582&postcount=11

(might pay to print it first, or if you're not using Windows XP let us know and I'll find the instructions for other OS's)

You definitely don't want to be leaving spyware in place for fear of it breaking your connection.

lisamarie01
02-01-2005, 06:44 PM
i tried adaware before and i deleted what it said then when i went into windows it would immediatly shut down so deleted that, i have spybot 1.3 the latest one avail.

thanks

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Hmm well 1.4 beta 2 is out now of Spybot.

I would try this http://www.simplysup.com/tremover/

Download it install it update it then scan.. And also select under utilities. The 3rd option (reset homepage) and the 4th (reset hosts file). Close the browser/s while u do this...

Or here, if u cant use the browser/s.

http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/153006-O03L/trjsetup.exe

lisamarie01
02-01-2005, 07:39 PM
ok i found that tremover and installed it etc but it found nothing, am getting the latest spybot at the mo thanks

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2005, 07:48 PM
Did u select reset homepage and hosts file as well?

That should let u use the browser maybe since it'll or should fix a hijacked browser

lisamarie01
02-01-2005, 09:29 PM
woohoo it worked i removed all those things using spybot then used the program
trojan remover re booted the computer and now im here sending a message, even went back into spybot and re scaned and deleted two more so its done wooohoo, anything else i should do to make absoloutly sure its ALL gone?? thanks heaps

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Nope that should do it. If Spybot says you're clear, and u can use the browser now.

somebody
02-01-2005, 09:47 PM
woohoo it worked i removed all those things using spybot then used the program
trojan remover re booted the computer and now im here sending a message, even went back into spybot and re scaned and deleted two more so its done wooohoo, anything else i should do to make absoloutly sure its ALL gone?? thanks heaps Just run Spybot regularly (say once a month or so) to check that nothing new has appeared.

Cicero
02-01-2005, 10:39 PM
Just run Spybot regularly (say once a month or so) to check that nothing new has appeared.
Make that once a week,what do you reckon Speedy?

Speedy Gonzales
02-01-2005, 11:01 PM
Weekly sounds good to me Cicero.... just to be safe. Also, be cautious of what you download or install and where u get the file from.

If it says it contains spyware, ads, or is usually free. DON'T get it!

And before u install a program, you're not too sure about read the info at the bottom of the install window!