PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance Program

~sy~
01-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Hello Everybody :help:

I'm wanting suggestions on a good program which I can use alongside my Intel web camera. Ideally, it should be a freeware. And to save on disk space, it would be better if the program was set so that it records only when the camera detects motion (or is that more a webcam function?)

What I'm trying to do is to monitor who is in my room, at what time, and for how long. I will be recording at low resolution if thats an option.

Thanks,

beama
01-01-2005, 11:30 PM
any of these (http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q=freeware+motion+detect+software+for+a+web+cam&spell=1)

Chilling_Silence
02-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Go1984 - Grab the trial, its awesome!

drb1
02-01-2005, 02:17 AM
Go1984 - Grab the trial, its awesome!

You may wish to look into some of the solar wireless minicameras too.

Great for checking on whoose been to the front door, or crossed your fence lines even.

Once you have a picture off them, somwhere down the track they will turn up.

D

george12
02-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Cool, what are you trying to monitor?

Suspect the parents coming in, looking through drawers, checking favourites.... Lucky mine aren't paranoid.

Or perhaps its an annoying intrusive sibling.

Or perhaps you are paranoid, or maybe just feel like it...

Anyway, I wrote something like that in VB about a year ago - don't have it now though.

FoxyMX
02-01-2005, 10:18 AM
What I'm trying to do is to monitor who is in my room, at what time, and for how long. I will be recording at low resolution if thats an option.

Oh Sy... you're going to have to print out and stick up on your door a big sign warning intruders that they will be monitored by your webcam and their activities recorded onto your hard drive if they dare step foot into your room. :stare:

Not doing so will subject you to the most severe of penalties when the culprits discover your covert operation. My oh my, I wouldn't like to be your computer then!! :eek:

~sy~
02-01-2005, 10:51 AM
LOL Thanks everybody. I'm not that evil you know :p

It's not the parent I'm concerned. I've been asked to set it up to monitor my brothers usage :) BTW, there is nothing valuable in my draw other than scape paper, a huge piece of blue tack and some other rubbish -and maybe the odd 5c piece.

Seeing as the webcam is sitting there all the time, I'm wanting a software that won't show up in the taskbar -so that he doesn't notice ;) Once I figure this out, we might be using it for monitoring the garden. I.e. Who's cat is coming in.... where the heck the mouse is hiding, and so on.

Still learning...