PDA

View Full Version : Backup HDD

gum digger
01-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi
My Whole hardisk is infected so im backing up few of my Image jpg,bmp and video avi, rm, mpg. on my Backup hardisk. the harddisk im backing up everything on has nothing at all in it.
Are there any chances my Backup hardisk will get infected too.

Speedy Gonzales
01-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I would scan the hdd to find out. I wouldnt copy everything across tho.. You'll just reinfect the new hdd.

I would just copy the docs, any videos u have etc, (scan them before u run them, whatever they are). Then format the old hdd.

That might fix it.

pheonix
01-01-2005, 11:44 PM
Whats it infected with? Does it have a name?

Virus, trojan, worm, hijack or spyware?

Webbase
02-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Yes, what are you infected with? Or at least what are the symptoms?

I assume you are going to format and re-install your OS on the main HD? If that is the case, once you have done that, run a virus scan over the 2nd HD and you should be safe.

www.pandasoftware.com provide a free virus scanner if you do not already have one.

augustus
02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
How big is your backup hard drive in comparison to your C drive? I use 'CASPER' to clone my main harddrive and can alter the boot sequence in the BIOS to boot from either hard drive. It has saved my bacon so many times. If you have 'harddrive restore' enabled you can go back to before the problem started. Go 'start', 'All programs', 'accessories', 'system tools', 'system restore'.