PDA

View Full Version : Monitor fix

Ron Bakker
30-12-2004, 08:26 PM
I have done a google on monitor repair with limited success. Even a good book would help.
I have a small amount experience with electronics, but I just want to gain experience slowly.
Any Ideas?

drb1
30-12-2004, 08:29 PM
I have done a google on monitor repair with limited success. Even a good book would help.
I have a small amount experience with electronics, but I just want to gain experience slowly.
Any Ideas?

Look at TV repairs, less the radio reciever = monitor, basically.

D.

Billy T
30-12-2004, 09:50 PM
Do you just want to repair your own Ron, or do you want to repair commercially for others? The information you require differs according to the outcomes your require.

To work commercially (i.e. for financial gain) requires formal training and a license, while to carry out repairs for yourself just required commonsense plus knowledge and enthusiasm.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

Eric
30-12-2004, 11:49 PM
drb1 We wish it was as easy as what you say, between monitors & TV's.

First there is the different modes the monitor swatches between like VGA & SVGA etc.
Then some monitors have one transistor to drive the yoke and another transistor to drive the fly-back transformer, Not common in TV designs.

If you are getting in to Electronic repairs, think again it is a dying occupation (and a pain in the bum, and some of the people in it ##########)

CRT monitors are getting very cheap now as people prefer LCD & plasma monitors, And monitor manufactures are less reluctant to release service information.

drb1
31-12-2004, 02:13 AM
drb1 We wish it was as easy as what you say, between monitors & TV's.

First there is the different modes the monitor swatches between like VGA & SVGA etc.
Then some monitors have one transistor to drive the yoke and another transistor to drive the fly-back transformer, Not common in TV designs.

If you are getting in to Electronic repairs, think again it is a dying occupation (and a pain in the bum, and some of the people in it ##########)

CRT monitors are getting very cheap now as people prefer LCD & plasma monitors, And monitor manufactures are less reluctant to release service information.

Basically, as in the basics.Then one will have the ability to find the extra inf needed, or not be suitable to move on, in the study of repairing a dying technology.

IMHO if one has to remove the case of a crt, unless it is a new/almost new 21", Economoic expediency = scrap it.

Brough about in this country buy among other things, the redicilous liabilities any repairer incurs, as soon as the case is open.

D.

FrankS
31-12-2004, 03:53 PM
In your google sweep did you look at

http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/montest.htm

Ron Bakker
03-01-2005, 10:07 PM
Do you just want to repair your own Ron, or do you want to repair commercially for others? The information you require differs according to the outcomes your require.

To work commercially (i.e. for financial gain) requires formal training and a license, while to carry out repairs for yourself just required commonsense plus knowledge and enthusiasm.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)
Well if anything , My step son & I just want to learn for ourselves, get a few systems going. Maybe get a small network going when we get a few systems up & running.
But I do see where you are coming from Billy & very valid points. Cheers Ron