PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error in webpage - not mine!

R.M.
30-12-2004, 03:20 PM
This morning I received a book I ordered - written by Katrin Eismann. This book (about using Photoshop) has a companion website - where Katrin has images for download (to use in conjunction with her book).

This website:
http://www.photoshopmasking.com when opened shows:
"Runtime error
line 12 (or 14, or 57, 58,77,78)
Error: Object expected"

Is there anyway I can "work around" this problem?
- I need these images! :(

Oh, and by the way, I use Windows 2000 Professional as my OS.

Thanks in anticipation as always! :)

ninja
30-12-2004, 03:25 PM
All accessible fine from here with FireFox.

Perhaps a link directly to the page you're having problems with, rather than just the front page of the site.

Speedy Gonzales
30-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Try setting the defaults in the browser. It isnt the site. It works fine here.

What browser are you using?

R.M.
30-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Try setting the defaults in the browser. It isnt the site. It works fine here.

What browser are you using?

IE 6

R.M.
30-12-2004, 03:32 PM
All accessible fine from here with FireFox.

Perhaps a link directly to the page you're having problems with, rather than just the front page of the site.

I think I am using the front page - I didn't use a link, I typed the address in manually....

Overdrive_5000
30-12-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi R.M. the problem that you are experiencing is caused by something stopping javascripts running on your pc, the same problem happened to me and the culprit was my firewall Zone Alarm Pro so I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and reverted back to the free version cleared IE's caches etc and all was fine again.
HTH :D

R.M.
30-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Hi R.M. the problem that you are experiencing is caused by something stopping javascripts running on your pc, the same problem happened to me and the culprit was my firewall Zone Alarm Pro so I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and reverted back to the free version cleared IE's caches etc and all was fine again.
HTH :D

Thanks for that - I just run the free version of ZoneAlarm. However, I installed Foxfire, and have solved my problems. The first download was successful.

Many thanks to all! :)

R.M.
30-12-2004, 07:06 PM
Final word from me - I posted my problems on an American photographic site and got this reply:

"Go to Tools, Internet Options, click onto Advanced, and look for Disable Script Debugging. Make sure it is unchecked."

And lo and behold - all problems solved. I think it also explains some other problems I have had in the past.

Cheers :)

beama
30-12-2004, 11:15 PM
RM
That just hides the problem from the end user, ever noticed when browsing down the bottom right in Internet Explorers status bar this message "done with errors". I get them on pcworld nz site in Internet Explorer but not Firefox.
This error is often blamed on poor coding practice (java, jscript, php, etc), but it can also be caused by out of date or unpatched software, security settings of the browser and by software companies not adhearing to/making up there own standards.