PDA

View Full Version : Broadband – Yes or No??

Zippity
30-12-2004, 02:07 PM
I use the Internet to catch up on world news, F1 news, and other hobby interests, visiting web sites and general/hobby chat forums.

I play “on line poker”, send and receive emails, but don’t download music, video or other large files.

I have a “Diamond Account” with Ihug and have a separate telephone line - solely for PC use.

Is it in my best interests to upgrade to an ADSL connection, and if so, what provider and what package would you recommend?

I realise that I may be asking the impossible, but I can't seem to find an ‘authoritative' discussion on the Pro’s and Con’s to upgrade.

FoxyMX
30-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Is it in my best interests to upgrade to an ADSL connection, and if so, what provider and what package would you recommend?

Heck yes!!

If you have a second line for the phone then you will be able to do away with that when switching to ADSL and depending on what plan you choose it will be no more expensive and you will have the benefit of much faster internet!!

No one I know has regretted upgrading and could not possibly go back to dial up once they have a taste of ADSL. Go for it!! ;)

As for who to go with, check out the ISPs' different plans and prices to find one that suits your useage and budget. I am with Orcon and am very happy with them.

tweak'e
30-12-2004, 02:21 PM
seeing as your running a 2nd line its proberly cheaper to go to adsl and drop the 2nd phone line. however i would check to make sure its advailable at your house first.

TonyF
30-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi Zippity. Do you have Telstra cables in your street ? V good speedy offerings. If you sign up for 2 years, no install charges. Costing me $1 a day more than my former Paradise dialup, and my wife has unlimited phone line use .....
Cheers Tony

~sy~
30-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Yes! Go for it!

It'll most likely work out cheaper than what you are currently paying while you enjoy faster internet connection speeds.

memphis
30-12-2004, 04:12 PM
Yes it is in your best interest to go to ADSL!!! :D

Just look at the different prices/packages that different ISP's have and what you can afford. :)

Make sure you get good:

firewall,
anti virus,
pop up killer,
adawear remover,
etc., etc.

You really will be surfing the net if you do upgrade!!! :D