PDA

View Full Version : sims2 wont load

MACIAN
30-12-2004, 08:54 AM
Hi

I bought Sims 2 for a christmas pressie. It wont load and comes up with an error about CD/DVD emulation. The Sims 2 FAQ said that Nero and CD clone can cause prolbems. I have deleted Nero and CDclone does not start up unless specifically loaded. Does anyone have any ideas what SIMs 2 is picking up and why it wont load?

Chilling_Silence
30-12-2004, 09:01 AM
I helped a friend use Alcohol 120% to put the images of his Disc's onto his HDD.
It never complained once about it. We simply had to replace the Sims2 executable with another. There was some issues with the level construction for a while until I replaced the main exe file again with a better one.

Basically Im not sure why its doing it, but have you tried using CloneCD?
It wont care about Nero....

Whats the _exact_ error it gives?

Chill.

Metla
30-12-2004, 09:38 AM
The executable will scan your registery for any programs it considers capable of making or running back-ups, The program doesn't need to be loaded/running, Just installed.

Basiclly its big bizzo telling you what you can have on your comp (watch out, Its going to get a whole lot worse).

What to do about it?

Tow the line or pretty much go without.

You can get around it in some cases with a cracked exe, In this case i think a Sims2 crack is still not quite perfected.

FoxyMX
30-12-2004, 01:45 PM
The executable will scan your registery for any programs it considers capable of making or running back-ups, The program doesn't need to be loaded/running, Just installed.

Strange. Sims2 installed on this PC with no fuss at all despite the presence of Nero. I wonder if the version has anything to do with it? My Nero is an oldie - 5.5.10.56.

Chilling_Silence
30-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Nah they did fix the crack....

Macian:
PM me if you want to continue down that path, some things are best not discussed in the forum.

Otherwise have you tried the Maxis Website?

Chill.

MACIAN
31-12-2004, 08:57 PM
I deleted nero from my machine and I think that I used Magic Utility to remove the reference to CLoneCd in the registry and still no go. Thanks for the advice.