PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express

Cicero
29-12-2004, 09:14 PM
When I open o/e to go on line,normally I would get a box on which one clicks to connct the the net,what I get is this,

The host 'pop3.xtra.co.nz' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'pop3', Server: 'pop3.xtra.co.nz', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

The only way therefore is to go to entry and connect to, what am I to do to clear the error message?.

Scouse
29-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Hi Cicero. I used to get that a lot on dial-up. Doesn't happen at all since I recently got Xtra's broadband. I nevr resolved the dial-up problem.

Cicero
29-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Hi Cicero. I used to get that a lot on dial-up. Doesn't happen at all since I recently got Xtra's broadband. I nevr resolved the dial-up problem.

Thanks scouse( wonder what the origin of scouse is)I was hoping Jim was about,he is the man on this sort of thing! :confused:

Scouse
29-12-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi Cicero. Thanks scouse( wonder what the origin of scouse is)

OXFORD DEF:
Scouse/skaus/ n. &adj. colloq n. 1. the dialect of Liverpool. 2. (also Scouser /'skause/) a native of Liverpool. 3. (scouse) = LOBSCOUSE. adj. of or relating to Liverpool.

Cicero
29-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Hi Cicero. Thanks scouse( wonder what the origin of scouse is)

OXFORD DEF:
Scouse/skaus/ n. &adj. colloq n. 1. the dialect of Liverpool. 2. (also Scouser /'skause/) a native of Liverpool. 3. (scouse) = LOBSCOUSE. adj. of or relating to Liverpool.
Looked up lobscouse and I get...A stew of meat and vegetables and hardtack that is eaten by sailors.
We of course all no that scouse is a Liverpudlian,but does it tell us the origin of the word?

ninja
29-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Set IE to always dial a connection.

Tools --> Internet Options --> Connection.

Rob99
29-12-2004, 11:41 PM
What ninja said and make sure you have the correct conection set as the default. If you only have one dialup account delete the ones that dont work and set the last one as default.

JJJJJ
30-12-2004, 05:39 AM
If you connect sometimes, then there is nothing wrong with your settings. It seems to me that this problem is probably caused by "protection" apps.
Zone Alarm can do it and so can SP1. They seem to take a while to sort out what ports to use.
The bit about incorrect user name and password is incorrect and mis- leading.
Jack

Lurking
30-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Tools, Account, Properties, Advanced: untick the two SSL boxes, 25 and 110 should be in the boxes.

Lurking.

Ps. Have spent the last 5 days with the same problem. Used RegCleaner to get rid of a lot of bad software.

lurking

Cicero
30-12-2004, 11:36 AM
Set IE to always dial a connection.

Tools --> Internet Options --> Connection.
Spot on Ninj,thanks for that.

Not forgetting the other kind folks. ;)