PDA

View Full Version : Catologing Program Anyone???

amyes5
29-12-2004, 04:13 PM
For better reference I want to combine all the free/shareware file TITLES(not the actual files) that come on all the magazine discs.Can anyone recomend a suitable program I could use.I'm thinking of a program that can take all the file titles & sort either alphabetically,disc title,date or wharever.All suggestions welcome.

Rob99
29-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Excel

Billy T
29-12-2004, 04:40 PM
For better reference I want to combine all the free/shareware file TITLES(not the actual files) that come on all the magazine discs.Can anyone recomend a suitable program I could use.I'm thinking of a program that can take all the file titles & sort either alphabetically,disc title,date or wharever.All suggestions welcome.

I thought all that work had already been done by keen PF1 volunteers and released on a PCW CD a short while ago. I can't remember the date though.

I'd check this out before you reinvent the wheel, just in case it turns out to be exactly what you need.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

drb1
29-12-2004, 04:49 PM
I thought all that work had already been done by keen PF1 volunteers and released on a PCW CD a short while ago. I can't remember the date though.

I'd check this out before you reinvent the wheel, just in case it turns out to be exactly what you need.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

On one/some of the download sites there are a couple of progs that are for exactly this.

Unless its a programming/formula project.

As said why reinvent----.

D.

D.

Alpha
29-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Try CDScan (http://www.geocities.com/mmonti_1/CDScan.htm). It automatically scans and catalogues CD's, and it's freeware. The latest version, CDScan 1.2b, supports Windows XP.

Billy T
29-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Ummm..........

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough.

The cataloging work has already been done, it is not so much reinventing the wheel as recreating the planet.

Why bother? Just get the approriate PCW CD or ask some kind person to email the file.

Cheers

Billy 8-{) :rolleyes:

Chilling_Silence
29-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Billy:
You certain the user is talking about PCW and not other Mags? I know that Aust PCW gives Discs away too.... ;-)

LucyL
29-12-2004, 07:22 PM
What you need is Insidecat lite - great little freeware program.

It will catologue any CD and includes a search function for ease of locating a program/file that you know you burnt to a cd (but where!)

Insidecat Lite (http://tucows.up.pt/preview/299354.html) Tucows download link

Cheers Lucy ;)

Billy T
29-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Yeah, you are right Chill, but it still takes care of the PCW resource and the ideas might flow on to other magazine sources.

Cheers

Billy 8-{)

zqwerty
29-12-2004, 08:12 PM
Try this:

http://hem.spray.se/anders.peterson/ocdb.html

zqwerty
29-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Hmmm, you will have to go to the site index and look for "OffLine CD browser ".

Scouse
29-12-2004, 10:09 PM
Hi amyes5. A lot depends on what you have to hand. For what you mention, a simple Word - Table document would store that in neat columns. Each can be sorted as you wish at any time.