PDA

View Full Version : Formatting Posts/Replies re:manually in standard

MMM
28-12-2004, 03:25 PM
On this forum I am on standard settings. Need to know how to make something bold plus in colour at same time.
I was able to make it coloured OK, but not bold as well. Is there a "Help" section that tells you how to use the different parts of this forum?

Thinking of printing out a page of the manual bits you add before and after so that I don't have to rely on the system doing it. Or can you do it using keyboard shortcuts? Cheers :confused:

tweak'e
28-12-2004, 04:00 PM
testing

change it to enhanced mode, then it just tlike the old forum ;-)

Jen
28-12-2004, 05:27 PM
If you prefer the default Guided mode, you can simply make whatever selection of text bold, and then highlight that section with your mouse, and select what colour you like and it will add the tags around that selection as well.

bold and [COLOR=DarkOrchid]coloured

FoxyMX
28-12-2004, 05:31 PM
Learn the code tags to insert them yourself, eg

To insert [B]bold text use these tags at the beginning and end of the text. [/ B]

To insert coloured text use these tags.[/ COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange ]To insert [B][COLOR=DarkOrange]bold coloured text use these tags at the beginning and end of the text.[/ COLOR][/ B]

Note the order of the starting and closing tags - if you start with [B] you need to end with [/ B].

Note also that I have added a space in the tags so that the text could be displayed without it changing. Do not put in spaces when using the tags yourself.

MMM
28-12-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi and Thanks for all the help. Sometimes I really lose the plot.

Here goes enjoying this new forum
Thanks FoxyMX
Thanks Jen
Thanks tweak'e

Cheers :thumbs:

FoxyMX
29-12-2004, 09:59 AM
You are very welcome MMM. :p

To make it easier to choose which colour to use check out this thread (http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=52599). :D