PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphones

noone
23-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Hi All
Merry Xmas etc

Now , im looking for some wireless headphones as now i have a wireless keyboard and mouse the wire from my headphones are botering me. I have a budget of $100 max and so far have only seen these ones that are any good

http://www.avlabs.net/index2.php
^$65

Yet ... the range on these is only 40m and im sure you can better ones for $100. Does anyone know of any good ones that will stick to my price budget or should i get used to my wire

Robby
24-12-2004, 09:09 AM
gidday,

there are wireless headphones available at noel lemmings, for around
$100, made by philips. The range isn't all that wonderful, but I'm impressed
by the quality of sound.

cheers,

Robby

agent
24-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Why on earth are you complaining over a maximum range of 40 metres?! :illogical

noone
24-12-2004, 10:35 AM
i just want to be able to walk around the house and outside listening to my music etc. I have seen a better pair in the latest atomic mag , and with a review on OCNZ

Zensonic Z710 Wireless Headphones

^These are good and have much better frequency etc then the ones i am currently looking at yet i cant seem to find them in New Zealand

Fergie
24-12-2004, 10:51 AM
i Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but does anyone know if you can get wireless headphones/ear phones where u just plug a small adapter into teh audio device's (ie, cd player) 3.5mm jack, and the headphones are already enabled for wireless, or maybe, you plug another adapter into the cord on teh plug - then this would save having cords snaking around ya body.
I'm thinking Bluetooth??
But does this need alot of power?

agent
24-12-2004, 11:33 PM
I reckon it'd be easier to make a wireless dongle yourself. I know I'd like to try making one for my headphones.

ProMaz
25-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Nope, all wrong :badpc: lol, I own a pair of PHILIPS Wireless FM Headphones HC8410 (from Dick Smith's). They are awesome. The thing is to go with FM and not infared, FM gives you a significant increase in area coverage, isn't line of site (meaning can go through walls) and great quality. They give about 100 meters coverage (in a complete circle, so 100 meters away in any direction). And the great thing is that they plug into anything with a 3.5mm jack (well I think it's called that, a normal head phone jack anyway). Though, they are $200, which might be out of your range but they do come with rechargable battaries which is a huge plus.

wotz
25-12-2004, 08:46 AM
40m wireless is still better than 40m of cable :thumbs:

noone
25-12-2004, 09:14 AM
yeah unless i can find a nz site that suppliers the second pair i mentioned i will go with the first