PDA

View Full Version : Borland C++ Compiler Issue

Growly
20-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Hello,

When I compile C++ programs in the Borland C++ compiler, they always link to DLLs that are installed specifically by the Borland software. As a result, the programs cannot be used on other PCs.

I'm using Windows XP Pro, and they don't work on other Windows XP Pros. (Same service packs), all i386.

Does any one know a way around this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Graham L
20-12-2004, 04:06 PM
You might have the wrong version of the compiler. Personal versions are for use on your computer. Buying the "Enterprise" version allows you to distribute object code. C++ Builder 6.0 Enterprise version costs about $US3300. :D

Chilling_Silence
20-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Can you not statically compile them? Or is that a linux/gcc only feature??

Kame
21-12-2004, 04:38 AM
Been a while since I looked at Borland C++, what version are we talking about?

I don't know many C++ compilers that use third party dlls, GCC on Cygwin and now Borland C++. On gcc you just compile gpp blah.cpp -o blah -m nocygwin.

If a compiler uses 3rd party dlls, then ditch it, there should be no reason to distribute binary programs and have to include the dll (stupid VB). I use GCC on Mingw/Msys which can create Windows applications using their windows.h header.

You could see if there's some parameters you can pass that doesn't require the use of the dll.

Kame