PDA

View Full Version : Mailwasher vs Netscape

Greg
20-12-2004, 12:35 PM
Currently in Netscape (7.2) I get a visual notice whenever I get a new message waiting for me on the mail server. When I retrieve the message the popup goes away. However I always pre-view the messages in Mailwasher first, where I can delete them from the server if I want to, without having to download them.

However when i do this the Netscape notification doesn't disappear, which means I have to go to the additional step of manually "retrieving" the non-existant message in order to make the notification go away. So... is there a way that Mauilwasher can co-ordinate with Netscape to remove the notification when I've deleted the message already via Mailwasher?

Mailwasher version 2.0.19 beta (fully functional)

Thx

Rob99
20-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Sorry cant help with your mailwasher prob, but is there a point to your sig

Brian B
20-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Use Mailwasher to check your mail first!
Disable the default mail check option in Netscape. Not sure where to do this (not a netscape fan), but it will be located somewhere under 'Preferences' or 'Options' etc. Look for email settings and such like.

Then in Mailwasher (definitely a MW fan) go to Tools/Options/General. Under Options there is a setting to tick that will enable 'Perform default mail check every (x number) minutes. Set the number of minutes that suits.

Hope this helps. I am mystified by the sig too, but it's just as inane as many others chosen by PF1ers

Greg
21-12-2004, 01:04 AM
I am mystified by the sig too, but it's just as inane as many others chosen by PF1ers

About as inane as your response, but better advice - if I wanted to disable my Netscape notifications I would have

FrankS
21-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Running Netscape 7.2 plus Mailwasher Pro 4.1.7.5. When a message arrives get a sound plus visual notice which comes up then goes down. In Preferences | Mail & Newsgroup | Notifications | When new message arrives
tick Show an alert
tick Play a sound
Black dot System New Mail Sound
Circle Custom .wav file
Suggest have a play with settings

Think your signature is somewhat droll and needs some thought given to the end result.

Brian B
21-12-2004, 08:19 PM
At first I considered apologising for describing your sig as inane. Then I found this post from YOU, less than a week ago, to the thread "the new look F1".

Quote "Nice enough, but a bit fussy looking, ie I miss the simplicity of the previous forums, and since they started working faster a little while back, I can't see the justification for the new ones.

But very well done on getting all the old threads and posts over to here.

I hope image avatars and signatures don't get introduced." Unquote.

My my, you sure changed your tune quickly. However it did make me check my PF1 Control Panel and find that option to untick - 'Show Signatures'.

Chilling_Silence
21-12-2004, 09:01 PM
Stuff them both and use Thunderbird :-)

Think of it as "All-in-one" for what you wanna do :-)

Chill.

Greg
22-12-2004, 01:13 AM
At first I considered apologising for describing your sig as inane. Then I found this post from YOU, less than a week ago, to the thread "the new look F1".

Quote "Nice enough, but a bit fussy looking, ie I miss the simplicity of the previous forums, and since they started working faster a little while back, I can't see the justification for the new ones.

But very well done on getting all the old threads and posts over to here.

I hope image avatars and signatures don't get introduced." Unquote.

My my, you sure changed your tune quickly. However it did make me check my PF1 Control Panel and find that option to untick - 'Show Signatures'.

"I hope image avatars and signatures don't get introduced."

Brian, did you happen to notice the "image" portion of the above quote?

I sure hope stupidity get's banned from this forum

Greg
22-12-2004, 01:16 AM
Stuff them both and use Thunderbird :-)

Think of it as "All-in-one" for what you wanna do :-)

Chill.

Are you serious!? I'll have to try it out, but I adore my Netscape Messenger!

Rob99
22-12-2004, 01:52 AM
Are you serious!? I'll have to try it out, but I adore my Netscape Messenger!

I aggree with Chill.

Sorry if I started something about your sig, I was poking a joke: Unicorn > point ... point > unicorn ... Unicorns have points on their heads hahaha :D

FoxyMX
22-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Sorry if I started something about your sig, I was poking a joke: Unicorn > point ... point > unicorn ... Unicorns have points on their heads hahaha :D
It amused me when I saw your comment regarding Greg's sig and it amused me even more when the others thought you were dissing it and had a go at poor Greg over it. :rolleyes: :D