PDA

View Full Version : Opera is FASTER!!

FoxyMX
19-12-2004, 07:42 PM
It is official - Opera is WAY faster than Firefox when browsing Press F1 (and other sites) on my old Pentium II 266 with 160MB RAM.

Opening a number of threads in new tabs in the background is painfully slow in Firefox but in Opera not only do the tabs open within a second as opposed to three seconds or more in Firefox but the pages load faster as well. In fact the entire browser is so much snappier unlike on my faster computer on which Firefox is the slightly faster browser.

Note that I am comparing the latest versions available for both browsers so if you have an old/older machine I would highly recommend Opera over Firefox. I just wish I had tried it long ago. :blush:

Now I just need to figure out how to stop these darn popup server messages like on the other PC. :badpc:

Ash M
19-12-2004, 08:34 PM
I personally find Firefox much faster :)

Edward
19-12-2004, 08:44 PM
that's lovely FoxyMX

but i've found Firefox to be faster than Opera on my computer (Cel 1.2g, 384mb ram). so there we go. neither is "faster" than one another all the time

b1naryb0y
19-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Did no one read FoxyMX's entire post?

Nowhere did he say that Opera was the fastest browser. He mentions that on his very old Pentium II 266 it is faster than Firefox, however he does go on to say that Firefox is indeed faster on his newer computer.