PDA

View Full Version : Abandonware Games

flying_green_leprachaun
18-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Anyone know any legal abandonware games sites? I had a sudden urge to play Dreamweaver (I think thats what its called) used to be available on Amiga I believe.

Sam I Am
18-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Anyone know any legal abandonware games sites? I had a sudden urge to play Dreamweaver (I think thats what its called) used to be available on Amiga I believe.

Ok

A: Thats a horrid colour :thumbs:

B: Abandonware is a euphamism for "really old but stolen"

R2x1
18-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Why not - if you can have original spelling, why not original definitions? (Or is euphamism just another of the words I don't know about yet?)

Sam I Am
18-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Why not - if you can have original spelling, why not original definitions? (Or is euphamism just another of the words I don't know about yet?)

Thankyou for crawling out from under your rock to point out a simple spelling mistake. I shall now throw myself in front of a bus to atone for my awfull sin. No wait... that would be over reacting.

noone
18-12-2004, 05:04 PM
just google it

R2x1
18-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Ok, but don't bleed on the bus without a certificate ;)

Sam I Am
18-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok, but don't bleed on the bus without a certificate ;)

True. Note to self: Make sure to throw one's self in an OSH compliant way.

I apologise for being just a tad touchy :blush:

Mike
18-12-2004, 08:36 PM
Anyone know any legal abandonware games sites? I had a sudden urge to play Dreamweaver (I think thats what its called) used to be available on Amiga I believe. Try here (http://www.abandonware.net/).

I don't know the legal status of abandonware - I have heard that some game companies have no problem with them, and I've heard that some game companies don't like them. Of the few sites I have browsed, they seem to keep in line with what the game companies request (Sierra Online didn't like their games to be made available on Abandon sites, and so most Abandon sites I've looked at have mentioned there that Sierra games aren't available for that reason. The appear to me to be acting within the law, but I could be wrong. I also give the mods full permission (as if they didn't already have it) to remove this post and reprimand me if I have broken the rules of the forum, but I don't think I have :confused: - Here's hoping!

Mike.

Growly
18-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Got filesharing?

(... for spreading shareware with ease)

Kame
18-12-2004, 10:24 PM
http://www.xtcabandonware.com is a good site.

Funny to mention Sierra games as this was the reason I used this site, and was my beginning of developing SCI scripted games.

flying_green_leprachaun
18-12-2004, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated those that helped.

Growly
19-12-2004, 09:29 AM
Much appreciated those that helped.

What about those of us who contributed nothing? :p

flying_green_leprachaun
19-12-2004, 10:27 AM
They get nothing mwahahaha