PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Force Feedback Joystick Help Please

Turbulence_100
12-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi

I purchased a MS Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro Joystick from Trademe, it is working but I have one problem. When not using it, with power cord plugged in, the handle is completely loose, not springly at all, which means if i move the handle to a certain position it stays there, is this normal? Also in Flight Sims 2002 and Combat Flight Sims 3 the handle is loose as well, but when I use it in GTA Vice City it works great, handle becomes springy and stick is like normal. How do I fix this problem? I have XP and the joystick is Gameport Connection. Thanks for any help.

4bes
13-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Welcome to PF1:)

Its normal for the handle to be loose when it is not in use. To get it working in flight sim, you will need to adjust the setting within the game. I had to have my settings up quite high to get resonable force.

Turbulence_100
13-12-2004, 11:43 AM
The joystick seems to work without the power cord plugged and just the game port plugged in, but in GTA Vice City if I remembered correctly it becomes normal when in use, even without power cord.

metla
13-12-2004, 11:51 AM
I think you may be mistaken,The resistence in the stick is controlled by an electric motor,without current the stick will remain limp.

Turbulence_100
13-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Hi metla, the joystick with power cord plugged in works perfectly in GTA VC, but remain limp in Combat Flight Sims 3 and FS 2002, how do I fix this? Thanks