PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream Games

Glassman
11-12-2004, 09:54 PM
I have just gone from dial-up to jetstream. I am sure i have seen some where that you can play on the jetstream game servers and it not affect you monthly download allowance. Also have they got Linux Distro's on these servers .

Please any help would be great and thanks in advance.

PS
I have done a search of PF1 and could not find the info i am after.

Growly
11-12-2004, 10:13 PM
You've heard right :D

Simply replace your username with user@jetstreamgames.co.nz within your modem / router connection settings. Then connect with these settings.

I.e, if under your PAP settings in your ADSL router you had:

user: joe@bloggs.co.nz
pass: *****

replace it with

user: user@jetstreamgames.co.nz
pass: *****

The password need not change, so you can log onto jetstream games with your normal password.

When you connect with these settings, you will be able to access all jetstreamgames servers (and partners) as well as the ftp://ftp.jetstreamgames.co.nz and ftp://linux.jetstreamgames.co.nz sites.

Downloading speeds vary, some cases limit you to your plan speed, others to your line speed (mine limits me to line speed), and you're correct in that this doesn't count towards your monthly data usage.

Simply change the username back (and password if you changed it) to log in normally.

george12
11-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Well said

Megaman
12-12-2004, 05:49 PM
just wondering, can you browse the rest of the intarweb™ while logged in to the jetstreamgames user?

Wilky
12-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Nope, you can only connect to jetstreamgames and it's subdomains (gigs of gaming files and linux distros, hooray!) and the JSG servers.

ninja
12-12-2004, 08:26 PM
> just wondering, can you browse the rest of the
> intarweb™ while logged in to the jetstreamgames user?

That would defeat the purpose of the realm.