PDA

View Full Version : Dialler Message problem

allanl
10-12-2004, 03:34 PM
Hi,
Every day when I boot my system, at the log on prompt a dialler pops up. The annoying thing doesn't pop up just once, every time I close it it pops back up again, about 100 damn times. It also happens only when I boot for the first time each day, if I reboot later on in the day, no dialler.
System is rather old, Win 98SE, HP Brio 500mhz cpu, 512mb ram. Running NAV 2004, Adaware and Spybot. None of these find anything. I've looked in the start registry, win.ini and other ini files. Can't see anything amiss. I'd use HijackThis but it only works when the system is running, not at logon time.
Can anyone suggest where I might look next or some other software to try, this thing is driving me nuts!!!
Thanks for any help.

CYaBro
10-12-2004, 03:39 PM
If you are sure you have the latest Adaware and spybot programs and definition files and have run scans and cleaned out all spyware etc, check this:

In Internet Explorer go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced and scroll down until you see 'Check for Publishers certificate Revocation' and uncheck the box for it.

allanl
10-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks, I'll give this a go.