PDA

View Full Version : Yoper Problems

Nigel Thomson
09-12-2004, 07:20 PM
Greetings all

After completely stuffing up my nice reliable Fedora 2 installation, I decided to try some different distros, Mepis was a disaster, I ended up installing Yoper (very fast install, but painfully slow boot up)the Sax2 thing needed manually stting which I did and the systen boots and seems to work perfectly.

1)I need to get my scroll mouse working, the scroll isn't working
2)I also need to change the boot order in lilo
3)I can't seem to get synaptic to work, there seems to be some sort of problem with the preset repositories, is this just me, or is it effecting others.

Thanks

Nigel

well any I'm off to dinner, see you all tomorrow

Chilling_Silence
09-12-2004, 07:58 PM
nano /etc/lilo.conf

When you're done, just type:
/sbin/lilo

This will update Lilo on your MBR
Both need to be done as root

Jen will have the 4 lines needed to be added to your xfree (or is it xorg) config file. Otherwise you can get it working with SaX2, as Ive done that myself in Yoper on my Familys PC.

Not sure about Synaptic... It was working when I last used it?

Murray P
09-12-2004, 08:10 PM
The ftp://linux.jetstreamgames.co.nz/pub/yoper/ are either down or not allowing access, this is most likely whats causing the Synaptic problem. You could try one of the other mirrors.

The Forum is also down, although they are supposed to be rebuilding it with new servers, etc, it's way behind schedule. Lot's of grumbling going on in overseas Yoper forums with the doomsayers predicting Yoper's demise.

Use Sax2 to configure your mouse, YoperConf > Sax2 > In-put Devices > Mouse.

I'm glad you've got the lilo.conf covered Chill. Freaks me just thinking about my last efforts to triple boot ;)

Nigel Thomson
09-12-2004, 08:39 PM
I used Sax2 but I can't get it to work correctly,
I have a usb Genius netscroll mouse
and i selected all the appropriate bits

It worked but was very very flakey, moving the mouse would cause the page to scroll, clicks only seemed to register once in a blue moon, really not good, I had a similar prob with SuSe last year, and all it took was a couple of line and everything worked sweet, but I'll be blowed if I can remember what they are

thanks Nigel

Prescott
09-12-2004, 08:51 PM
my scroll button doesnt seem to be going either in Yoper

Murray P
09-12-2004, 09:52 PM
Try this repository mirror http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/yoper/yoper/

In Synaptic > Settings menu > Repositories, in the lower left of the dialogue box hit the New button. Add the above URL in the URL field, add version2 to the distribution field and os to the Section(s) field. > Hit the New button again and enter the same URL then > contrib > os > repeat with URL > rocketfuel in the distribution field > os click ok then update your package lists in the main window.

Don't know whats happenong with your mices guys, try it with a ps2 adapter instead of straight USB. Otherwise wait for someone with the right tools to come along ;)