PDA

View Full Version : NZ Relay Service...Need Help plez

chris83
09-12-2004, 03:16 PM
YAY the NZ Relay service is finally set up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But while waiting for the TTY to come (so i can use the phone) there is also a Internet relay, which means u can use the computer as a tty...I'm having trouble loading it,

http://www.internet.nzrelay.co.nz/

That page loads perfect, I enter number, then i click Connect To Relay Operator....then a window pops up which is java based...and it doesnt load....at the bottom of the popped up window it says "load:class.com.ccei.trs.irelay.InternetRelay not found"
so I went to Tools, options, advanced then ticked all my options under Microsoft Virtual Machine...which were Java Console Enabled...ticked...Java Logging enabled..ticked...JIT Compiler for virtual machine enabled...ticked...then restarted....no change...

The Produict compatibility is

Browser...IE v5.0 or better...I have IE6
videoplayer...windows media 7.1 or better....I have WMP9
Java Plugin...Microsoftr Corporation V1.1 or better....i dunno what version I have...

Can anyone please help me... :-)

Cheers in advance

Spacemannz
09-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Is SP1 installed? As XP by itself doesnt have Java. You need SP1, or the Java from Sun ...That maybe why Java isnt working

chris83
09-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah I got SP1 installed, and the other week installed SP2...

Spacemannz
09-12-2004, 03:34 PM
OK. Umm try disabling popups. It might be the popup stopper in SP2 (if enabled) thats stopping it. (Tools/pop-up blocker in IE).

chris83
09-12-2004, 03:45 PM
disabled...didnt work...gonna restart see if that helps

chris83
09-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Nup didnt work....I have emailed to see if its their end thats the issue....

but can you try? see if it works for u?

Spacemannz
09-12-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm at the site. What number am i dialling?? to test it?

chris83
09-12-2004, 03:54 PM
i wanting to get hold of winz. so put in 0800 999 999...so just enter a friends number or that number,

Spacemannz
09-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Umm when i dialled on the site with that # it said this in a popup window.

So, dont know if that site is safe or not. So, I cancelled it

The server's name "202.37.231.81" does not match the certificate's name "www.internet.nzrelay.co.nz". Somebody may be trying to eavesdrop on you.

chris83
09-12-2004, 04:00 PM
hmm i did scans b4 i came online and yeah spyware free....hmm will see what they reply in a email saying.....

Spacemannz
09-12-2004, 04:01 PM
That message appears in Opera. In IE it says the security certificate date is valid, but the name of the security certificate is invalid or doesnt match the name of the site.

chris83
09-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I found that the Internet Relay is on a trial basis only started December this year (entire website only been up since 1-11-04) so maybe its a bit buggered due to being a trial basis??

hmm i've given up on it now anyway....thanks for your help with it :) Will see what they reply saying then will let u know too :)

caffy
09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey chris,

it has been working fine for most people I know (apart from these having IP address issues, which I originally did).

Most people that initially had problems solved them by downloading Sun java, or emailled Sprint to give them their IP range, so it would be accepted (Due to the internet relay not making overseas calls, it has been set up to only accept nz IP addresses, but of course some were left out, like Woosh Wireless's IP addresses and some of Ihug's - Sprint has since added these to their list of accepted IP addresses, but there are bound to be more that will come up as an "overseas" originating address...

let us know how you get on

chris83
10-12-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm with xtra..surely they wouldnt leave their IP ranges out lol...

i got a email from them and yeah just downloading java now....hope that works...

chris83
10-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Its all working now...apparently had to download that java sun thingy...

yay...

Oh caffy...i wanna talk 2 u about something completely unrelated to this relay thing....so can u get hold of me on c_sinclair @ xtra.co.nz