PDA

View Full Version : accessing pdfs on the web

k8smum
19-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Can anyone advise what I should do to enable me to view pdf files on the web? Each time I try, I get "You are not authorised to view this page ..." I suspect it's something to do with ZoneAlarm Pro, maybe. Thanks all.

Spacemannz
19-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Is adobe reader installed, I take it??

Most probably a bad link from the site to the PDF file too.

Murray P
20-11-2004, 12:07 AM
Could be an IE browser setting. You need to register or logon to view/download the file (which is essentially what you do to view a PDF). Could possibly be spyware/malware redirecting or your using a proxy and the webpage can't authenticate you.

Do a search of: 403 error.

Murray P

Spacemannz
20-11-2004, 07:55 AM
I've never had to register, or logon to get a PDF from anywhere.

I just click on the link and it either opens it online. Or I save it to the hdd.

johnboy
20-11-2004, 08:06 AM
Have a good look thru this page adobe support (http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html)
hth

Jim B
20-11-2004, 08:52 AM
In ZoneAlarm when you go to the privacy tab and click on the custom button for Mobile Code Control, you will see a list of four things that are blocked (when checked). They are JavaScript, VBScript, ActiveX/Java and Mime-type integrated objects. If Mime-type integrated objects blocking is ON, then downloads, such as executables, pdf files, Zip files will be blocked. If you attempt to download when blocking is on for mime-type integrated objects, you will get a "You are not authorized to view this page" error in your browser. Turning this off will allow downloads again.