PDA

View Full Version : Rundll32 errors

kit2hugh
19-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Hi I need help.

I am running windows95 on a pentium 3 500mhz

When I try to get on the internet through shortcut on the desktop or from dial up connections I get this notice

Rundll32
An error has occured in your program to continue working and are given a choice of CLOSE or QUIT.

If I choose CLOSE i get another error message

Rundll32
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be closed down.

I click off this ad usually I get the box for my user name and password and get on.

Sometimes it blacks out at this stage and I have to alt-ctrl-del and start all over again.

It does not usually let me in unless I re-start the computer from the tower.

I would appreciate some help in easy to follow instructions

Thanks in advance

Hugh

Spacemannz
19-11-2004, 05:45 PM
It might be spyware. Download spybot or adaware and do a scan for spyware.

Murray P
19-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Gosh haven't heard that one in a while. Have a look here (http://support.earthlink.net/mu/1/psc/img/walkthroughs/windows_9x_nt/dialers/dial-up_connections/1767.psc.html), is that it?

By the way, what browser and email client are you using?

Murray P

kit2hugh
21-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the reply it looks like it nothing exact but one problem at the moment I have not got a 95 disc. Had a quick skim through but a busy
week end.

Internet explorer and Outlook Express

kit2hugh
21-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Hi I have done that and nothing came up that cured it. By the way thinking about that. I am running the free Real Player and when that is on the end of the list it is harder to get on the internet than when it is second to the end on system tray at bootom of the browser Is there a bug in there, they have a lot of ads on there

Murray P
22-11-2004, 12:20 AM
Depending on the version, Realplayer connects to the net to serve you content (adverts) and tell mama what you've been up to. Remove it from the start up programmes and see how you get on.

Murray P