PDA

View Full Version : OT In the spirit of PF1 (long waffle)

beetle
19-11-2004, 07:41 AM
In the spirit of PF1, this is meant as a joke, not ment to inflame or offend anybody.
This was given out in class yesterday and we had to role play this in a given teacher scenario and it so reminded me of PF1.

i just had to share...........................
:D

Roles of group members.

Task roles.

Information giver.
Provides content for the discussion. Most people in the group fulfil this role.
(thread starters?)

Information seeker.
Asks for the information when it is needed. Asks the kind of questions that stimulate member sto share more of their information on this topic.
(OS, Browser, specs etc?)

Expeditor
Keeps the group on track, helps the group stick to its task and brings them back when they are getting off track.
(moderators? Bruce B? robo?)

Analyzer
Probes both the contect and the reasoning involved in the discussion. Knows the steps the group must go to, to solve the problem, helps the group get to the core of the problem they are working on. Analysers may question others to find out whether their information is accurate and valid, may challenge their reasoning.

Maintenance roles

Supporter
Helps people feel good about their participation by recognizing their contributions. May respond verbally or non verbally.

Harmonizer
Brings the group together. Is responsible foor reducing tensions and straightening out misunderstandings, disagreements and conflicts. They soothe ruffled feathers, encourage objectivity, and mediate between hostile parties.

Gatekeeper
Keep communication channels open. Ensures everyone in the group has a chance to contribute and that no one dominates.

Negative roles

Aggressors
Seek to enhance their own status by criticizing almost everything else or blaming others when things get rough. Frequently put other people down. One way of dealing with aggressors is to confront them by asking them whether they are aware of what they are doing and the effect on the group.

Jokers
Behaviour is characterized by clowning, mimicking or generally disrupting by making a joke of everything. Are usually trying call to attention to themselves. One way of dealing with them is to encourage tjem when tensions need to be reduced but to ignore them when is serious work is to be done.

Withdrawlers
Refuse to be part of the group, physically or mentally. One way to encourage withdralers is to draw them out with question, another is to find out what they are specifically good at and rely on them when their skill is required.

Monopolisers
Need to talk all the time. Try to impress the group with how well read and knowledgeable they are and how valuable they are in the group. They should be encouraged when their comments are helpful but otherwise the leader needs to interrupt and draw others into the conversation.
:^O

Now remember this is meant to make you laugh, not aimed at anyone in particular.

:)

Have a good day people.

beetle

Thomas
19-11-2004, 08:47 AM
>Need to talk all the time. Try to impress the group with how well read >and knowledgeable they are and how valuable they are in the group. >They should be encouraged when their comments are helpful but >otherwise the leader needs to interrupt and draw others into the >conversation.

You have found me out :_

R2x1
19-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Zounds !

Will we all be part of NCEA next? (Probably as "Unrelated Extra-curricularSkills")

Pete O\'Neil
19-11-2004, 10:03 AM
Have you seen this (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html) one beetle?

HadO
19-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Pete > LOL :^O

Great toons...

POTUS
19-11-2004, 11:06 AM
> Have you seen this one beetle?

LOTFLMAO

One or two of these in this forum ;)

>> "Xenophobe is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his private compound. Xenophobe regards newbies to his forum as mentally deficient and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. If a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions prevailing opinion, Xenophobe will attempt to silence or drive out the newcomer. "

Of course, being perfect, I'm not there at all! :)

HadO
19-11-2004, 11:10 AM
"It was a peaceful and productive forum; lively, congenial and a bounteous source of useful information. Then one day, completely without warning, Godzilla arose from the depths and blew his scalding breath on everything in his path. A phalanx of Warriors mobilized to attack the monster, only to be crushed like so many toy tanks under Godzilla's mighty feet. Godzilla soon reduced the forum to searing and consuming flames. Just as abruptly, he rumbled back beneath the waves, leaving all to tremble in fear of his return. Net life would never be the same. Sadly, many netizens who survive a Godzilla attack will become Xenophobes."

:^O

POTUS
19-11-2004, 11:28 AM
Scathing, Had0, very scathing. :(

HadO
19-11-2004, 11:29 AM
It wasn't aiming at any one POTUS... seriously.

I just found it an amusing one :)

POTUS
19-11-2004, 11:37 AM
I wasn't accusing you of aiming anything at anyone. I like this one, too:

>> Ferrous Cranus is utterly impervious to reason, persuasion and new ideas, and when engaged in battle he will not yield an inch in his position regardless of its hopelessness. Though his thrusts are decisively repulsed, his arguments crushed in every detail and his defenses demolished beyond repair he will remount the same attack again and again with only the slightest variation in tactics. Sometimes out of pure frustration Philosopher will try to explain to him the failed logistics of his situation, or Therapist will attempt to penetrate the psychological origins of his obduracy, but, ever unfathomable, Ferrous Cranus cannot be moved.

I'm sure I've spotted him here too ;)

HadO
19-11-2004, 11:40 AM
The cartoons a very good representations of the character...

I would like to print some out but... only the geek/pc/forum orientated would understand :)

Graham L
19-11-2004, 11:41 AM
beetle: I hope I am wrong, but I suspect there will be toys thrown, tantrums, and tears before bedtime. ;-(

HadO
19-11-2004, 11:43 AM
Graham > LOL :^O

pulling hair out
19-11-2004, 03:13 PM
>> Have you seen this one beetle?

Didn't realise Godfather was a flame warrior!
Will take a lot more notice next time he posts :^O