PDA

View Full Version : IE6 loses toolbar settings

johcar
17-11-2004, 09:39 PM
I am running XP Pro SP1 on a Toshiba Satellite M30, Office 2000 SP4 and IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2_gdr.040517-1325. I have the Google toolbar installed, as well as Dictionary.com plus the Links toolbar and an add-in called SnagIt. I have customised the position of the toolbars, including lifting the Address toolbar to the same level as the Menu bar (to the right of "Help"). The Toolbars are 'Locked'.

More often than not when I open IE (using the shortcut in the QuickLaunch bar) the toolbars re-sort themselves. Luckily I have a wee program called "Toolbar Chest" which can save and restore the settings, but it is a pain to have to use this every other time I open IE.

Can anyone advise how I can prevent the toolbars from changing positions? Is there a Registry setting I can tweak? I don't have this problem at work (running similar versions of software, but on a Dell desktop) and I don't want to change my default browser....

johcar
08-12-2004, 11:39 AM
I have since found that a small free utility called IE Maximiser that I had installed was causing this problem. The fact that the machine I was having a problem on has a wide screen probably helped the utility cause the problem, since the utility still works extremely well on every other PC I use - with a CRT. Since uninstalling IE Maximiser, I have had no further problems. :)