PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner card

andy
15-11-2004, 08:10 AM
I have two computers with DSE XH6765 TV tuner cards in. Both work well except neither will pick up TV1 (which is on channel 1 here in Hamilton).
Does anyone have one of these cards, and do you have the same problem?
Can anyone suggest a cure?
Any help appreciated.
andy

godfather
15-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Channel 1 is the lowest frequency of all the channels, and really must have the correct outside aerial to have any success (and its a BIG aerial for channel 1)

Also you may need to ensure that its set on NZ in the country setting.

andy
15-11-2004, 08:52 AM
I have got all the proper aerials so reception is not a problem. All the tvs and VCR pick up TV1 perfectly, so I can only guess that Ch1 is below the bottom limit of the tuner.

andy
15-11-2004, 09:19 AM
OOps - major embarrassment. I went to the DSE site and found their help page for the product (should have done this first!).
New drivers and software downloaded and installed and it all works sweet - TV1 and all. A lesson for me here methinks. Maybe I should look at all my hardware sites and update drivers.

Susan B
15-11-2004, 10:16 AM
> A lesson for me here methinks. Maybe I should look at all my hardware sites and update drivers.

It is generally recommended to not update drivers unless one has a problem with the existing ones or requires features that new drivers provide. Sometimes you can make things worse. :-(

Do research before updating to see whether there is any advantage.