PDA

View Full Version : canon zoom browser problem

peacock
14-11-2004, 05:06 PM
HELP??? I am unable to open my canon digital camera zoom browser program,
it says that a database file may have been corrupted . I have around 1 GB of photos on it. I really have no idea of where to start. I've been to windows explorer and all the photos are there, with no problems, but opening the zoom browser , no go. If anyone could help it would be very much appreciated.
Cheers
Kerry

Susan B
14-11-2004, 05:36 PM
The Zoombrowser program is just for uploading, viewing, etc your photos so it would be quite safe to uninstall and then reinstall the program. If you wish you could try just reinstalling and see if that fixes it.

I would highly recommend backing up your photos as soon as you can onto CDs/DVDs or another hard drive if you have one. With computers you never know when disaster might strike.

Murray P
14-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Use a graphics viewer/editer to view your pics, as Susan says, unless your converting from CRW (RAW) there's no need to fire up Zoombrowser for other than downloading/uploading. Grab Ifvanview or similar off the net, open one of your pics then go File > Thumbnails if you want to cruise around all the images in the directory.

Murray P