PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Internet Connection

mervselm
12-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi there,

I have just installed IHUG's Bliink high speed internet connector but when I Log on to the internet and go to Outlook Express and click on the SEND/RECEIVE the box with TASKS on it, it appears as normal but I am then disconnected from the internet. Over the top of this box comes another box " Dial Up Connection" and I have to click on the Connect button to be Logged on to the net again.

I rang IHUG tech people they checked out my connection details and said they appeared ok so could not offer me any further help.

Has anyone out there any idea why I should be disconnected and how can I fix this?

Regards,

MERV.

Shaun Minfie
12-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Hey mervselm,

Under Internet options / conections check that you dont have always dial ticked. If so try never or when conection not present.

4bes
12-11-2004, 08:19 PM
also make sure you don't have 'disconnect after send & receive' ticked on the connection tab

overdrive_5000
12-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi there, I was fixing someones pc today with the same problem but they were with maxnet, The solution was: login to, in your case Ihugs webmail service from their homepage. Then check to see if you have any suspicious emails we had one from something like zqksv@yahoo.com got rid of that then went back into outlook and all was well again.

HTH