PDA

View Full Version : [OT] It is time.....

Prescott
08-11-2004, 08:28 PM
whats happening fellow pc users
well ive got no more school for the rest of the year, but its time for those exams (oh crap) and just wondering how everyone is going with their "study", ive got 6 of 'em and they start on tuesday week, well better check whats going on in the other posts, i mean back to my study :p
over and out

bRaZZiN
08-11-2004, 08:49 PM
oh yeah... how many credits have you got? Passed yet?

MrBeef
08-11-2004, 08:55 PM
me i already have i think about 60 odd level 2 credits. its so great going into the exams with 60 credits already

ApeNz
08-11-2004, 09:35 PM
i have got 55 credits and have my first exam on wednesday

Prescott
09-11-2004, 07:56 AM
jeez 60 cr?? man what subjects are you doin? im pretty sure i have 37 credits excluding marketing and management's 20 credits because say if i cant get 80 i can use those credits, very very weird i dont even understand it.
7 days till english.....

ApeNz
09-11-2004, 07:58 AM
itp done 4 internals all worth 6 credits each

lagbort
09-11-2004, 07:59 AM
i woldnt have a slue how many credits i have so far, but i have passed everything so, meh. my first exam is this thursday with maths :D, level one maths is so easy, not looking forward to classics though (my one level 2 subject) so many dates and silly greek names :p

ApeNz
09-11-2004, 07:59 AM
and then some other stuff

lagbort
09-11-2004, 08:00 AM
*clue

Jester
09-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Sounds like you lot are all playing in the Space Invader Parlours. Credits were your 20 cent pieces you loaded into the game ... back in the day ;)

What happened to learning all year and then sitting a 3 hour exam that proved whether you knew it or not? (no, don't tell me, it's called NCEA and Cambridge High). Those who passed the exam succeded, and those who didn't ... FAILED. Yep, we had losers back then, and we have them now too, they just don't know it.

Anyway, young-uns, good luck for your exams. Hope your future employers understand whatever it is you passed :D

Growly
09-11-2004, 10:45 AM
My first exam is on thursday. Actually my first two exams are on Thursday.

Dammit.

I'm alot more stressed than I'd liked ot have been, probably because I've only studied for three days as opposed to a few weeks.

Oh dear.

The most nerve-wracking part of it is that if I misread a question I can fail and my hopes tarnished. The only thing I can blame is NCEA for although these don't promise to be particularly hard, they are tricky in that so many different factors can stop one from getting excellence, merit, or even achieved - ones beyond the control of study. Take drinking water for example, and having a good night sleep.

</rant because I'm insecure>

RobbyW
09-11-2004, 11:32 AM
&gt; Anyway, young-uns, good luck for your exams. Hope
&gt; your future employers understand whatever it is you
&gt; passed :D
&gt;

I'm sure they can identify with my 2 credits in 'polishing a floor using a high speed polisher" :)

Prescott
09-11-2004, 12:34 PM
ive just lost the motivation this year i think...... i think next year will be better because ill only have 4 exams compared to 6 this year, i did wish i started to study earlier because there is sooo much to learn, especially economics.......

ApeNz
09-11-2004, 02:05 PM
how many hours you doing a day - study

Prescott
09-11-2004, 05:03 PM
umm, i wake up at 8.30 have some breaky, start at 9 and do 3 1hour study slots, with a break between them, then i have 12-1pm lunch/see whats happening here, then i go from 1-5 with 4 1 hour slots of study. i have a break from 5-7 and start revision until 9.30 ish, i havent followed it exactly as i am getting a tad sidetracked but tomorrow i will force my self to study because i need to........
what about you others?
oh by the way i see most of you are doing level 1 right?? im doing level 2

ApeNz
09-11-2004, 06:49 PM
i just do 8 hours whenever

lagbort
09-11-2004, 07:10 PM
whoah, i admire you guys for actualy being able to study, i go through my maths books for like half an hour then realise that there isnt anything i cant do in them, get bored and end up on the computer for most of the day.....

RobbyW
09-11-2004, 07:35 PM
I do plenty of 15 minutes blocks with 3 hour blocks of random computer usage/gameplay.

I couldn't study properly if someone was paying me

Prescott
09-11-2004, 08:01 PM
yea, well my "plan of attack" isnt going so well, getting a tad annoyed with eco so i left it and look where i am now, i will do some decent study tomorrow, promise...

ApeNz
10-11-2004, 11:05 AM
woot - chemistry over , now i only got 4 left , woot ,woot , yay . i better go study for maths

mr_rix
10-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Well, I'm not up to NCEA yet *groan*. I just finished my Yr 10 exams which are basically just class placements. I arsed up my English one (part of it anyway) by not reading a question properly (probably cuz I was so tired from playing Halo II ^_^)

All done! I don't mean to be racist in saying this, but, as I have no more social studies next year (nor History) so we won't have to learn and write about the Treaty (it's been compulsory the past 4 years...)

Anyway, back to trying to get my videos working again, good luck to all you seniors!

fergie
11-11-2004, 10:36 AM
o no, 2hrs left till my first one...
Level 2 Media Studies, anyone else doing that one asweel?

Prescott
11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
media studies aye, whats this? of course it has something to do with the media :p,
good luck for your exam, my first one is on tuesday, and its english.

RobbyW
11-11-2004, 03:17 PM
> Well, I'm not up to NCEA yet *groan*. I just finished
> my Yr 10 exams which are basically just class
> placements.

That's funny, we worked out last year that our year ten exams meant absolutley nothing as everyone was split up because of all the different options everyone does in senior years :D

But meh, maths and french are over now...i just hope that not filling in the word count box doesn't lose me 3 credits B-)

fergie
11-11-2004, 04:16 PM
well that was good!!
I haven't been very worried about it, and not much study (was only 2 papers, and its not like i'm gonna be a journalist or anything in future)
I'm sure the questions were exactly the same as last year's ones!!

Media Studies - more internals (3 or 4) than ex, but do stuff like film reviews, make a short film, write a movie script, study audiences, genre etc etc

Bring on Accounting!

Prescott
11-11-2004, 04:37 PM
are you not doing level 2 english fergie?

fergie
11-11-2004, 06:04 PM
na, absolutely HATED english, not just in yr 11, but since primary school (nouns, verbs etc lol not fun!) and when they said the media studies course had the Uni requirements for literacy, i was first in!
but was pretty good, and the schools' even decided to run MS at level 3 next year, so if all went well today, i should be doing it next year!