PDA

View Full Version : software

rabanfield
08-11-2004, 06:56 AM
somewhere in my software I once spied a programme that took a snapshot of your desktop...at the time I thought it was an unusual place for such a programme and now I can't find it, I thought it was in Nero but it's not and it's annoying me ...does anyone have a clue please

beama
08-11-2004, 08:00 AM
if you mean take a image snapshot use the alt prt scr key then paste into your Fav' image editing software and save

rabanfield
09-11-2004, 05:12 PM
No that wasn't what I meant ,I knew about that one It was in one of my programmes and in a place I wouldn't expect to find it

beama
09-11-2004, 10:03 PM
do you know the name of program ?(that would help in the next step)
double click on my computer-> right click on the c:\ drive -> search and type in
first option,(if you know the name of it)type in..... <program name>.*
or
secound option,(if program name is unknown)type in..... *.exe This will search the entire c:\ drive for;

first option, any occurrence of the string specified in the <program name).*

second option, search for any files with extension .exe

then check the paths the search reveals and that should tell where on c:\ your lost program is installed then its a simple matter of right clicking on the program exe choose copy then go back to your desktop right click once more and choose paste shortcut

Codex
09-11-2004, 11:01 PM
when you search *.exe you'll get like 100's if not thousands of results lol, just look around and fiddle lol

Murray P
09-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Was it a graphics programme perhaps, Irfanview??

Cheers Murray P