PDA

View Full Version : Install scanner, not signed? compatiblity?

beetle
07-11-2004, 03:06 PM
ok i finally got around to connecting up the scanner, and i have SP2 on Peach, and it is telling me its not digitally signed - non compatible or may be unstable etc, may cause conflicts etc...... is this just a sp2 thing ya think?

Benq scanner had it on other lemon jus fine.......

should i just ignore it? or look for software on the net? i have the cd, and thats why its screaming ya think?

beetle

Prescott
07-11-2004, 03:09 PM
just ignore it, i had the same thing when i installed my drivers for my modem

metla
07-11-2004, 03:10 PM
Nows as good a time as any to get updated software,if none is available then all you can do is load what you have and ignore the unsigned drama(few drivers are signed anyhow)

Probally be wise to make a restore point before instalation....

Jen C
07-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Hi Beetle

As metla mentions, it is probably better to use the latest drivers from the manufacturers website. They may or may not be digitally signed either. There arent any dates on these drivers, but you can find them here (http://www.benq.com/drivers/imaging_drivers.html).

beetle
07-11-2004, 03:59 PM
Ok thanxs people, downloading at the mo, hopefully all will be fine,.....LOL

after stuffing about and getting totally confused, needing more coffee, and sleep should be fine..... and scanner will be installed by then.

havent managed to kill this little beastie yet, LOL

but if i did i'd be in deep crap as its so much faster and in an instant beetle's life will flash before her eye's............LOL :D

have a good one.

beetle

beetle
08-11-2004, 08:54 AM
Ha, see it all comes down to operator trouble...........
start up today and cant find the bloody things, says found new hardware.....LOL

i am loath to try again, with cd as it fills the comp with unesacary jargon.....
i just want to use xp on the scanner, can i install scanner while by passing the other?

stupid things,

off for the 2nd install of coffee for the day ....i feel i may need a few today..

beetle

beetle
08-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Ok got it sorted, i think.
it works but didnt always pick it up on restarts, but i think i scared it enuf and it ll be good for me....LOL

didnt put all the extra crap like fine reader on, as i have never used it ever since having the comps, scanners.

thanxs for the other help.

youll hear the holler if ive stuffed it up again.

beetle