PDA

View Full Version : Which one of you is the MODERATOR's secret identity?

george12
06-11-2004, 11:06 PM
Regarding the two recent threads, such as the one commenting on the one regarding the locking of the thread about the locked threads...

whtafo you say Moderator is a regular poster here.

Is there some circle of knowledge as to who this person is, that I don't know? And how does WTF know?

Personally I have no problem with Mr/Ms Moderator. They lock only threads that I think should be locked. And 9/10 times a reason is left as the final post.

I say the moderator does an excellent job, but who is he/she?

Sorry in advance for not minding my own business.

George

metla
06-11-2004, 11:08 PM
Its a secret.

It so the person involved can carry on posting here without carry over garbage from doing the job he was nominated to do.

ooops,i mean he or she.....

Lmao.

george12
06-11-2004, 11:10 PM
True. Imagine what it would do to your normal identity here, especially for the people who hate Moderator.

If it was me, I wouldn't want people to know. But do any people actually know? Do you metla?

PS. Please answer my thread about STR Standby.

whtafo
06-11-2004, 11:11 PM
> Is there some circle of knowledge as to who this
> person is, that I don't know? And how does WTF know?

An announcement was made that a bog standard regular poster was to be given moderation rights some time ago.

Try searching for Bruce Buckman's posts - that should find it.

> Sorry in advance for not minding my own business.

If you were sorry you wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

george12
07-11-2004, 12:08 AM
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=47097

That is the announcement you speak of. Very interesting indeed.

George

whtafo
07-11-2004, 12:37 AM
> That is the announcement you speak of. Very
> interesting indeed.

Overstatement of the decade.

alphazulusixeightniner
07-11-2004, 02:06 AM
My guesses to who it is: Jen, Susan, Godfather, maybe Graham.

I'd have to say it's more likely to be one of the ladies just to their writing style.

alphazulusixeightniner
07-11-2004, 02:08 AM
Actually I'm putting my money on Susan. Only she could fine Eudora to be a good email program... :|

Laura
07-11-2004, 02:13 AM
As I recall it, george12, you're a very young person.

Like 14 years old & in the 4th form. Or maybe it was the 3rd form?
|
So because of your youth, it's understandable that you'd crash in with no tact by starting this thread just when things were settling down...

And, of course, that's all the usual performers needed to do their thing..

alphazulusixeightniner
07-11-2004, 03:15 AM
Nah ah ah, please put the plastic shield and police hat back in the toy box.

Laura
07-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Lotsa guesses here, wee boy.
Forget this thread.
It should be dead in the water...
Just let the new Mod do its thing - without unwanted/unneeded extras from anyone..

JJJJJ
07-11-2004, 05:18 AM
Laura, does it realy matter whether you approve or not of locked threads?
The point is that they are being locked or deleted by some anonymous church going twit who lacks the guts to reveal his identity.
This type of person used to be called Gestapo.
Jack

donna
07-11-2004, 07:28 AM
> As I recall it, george12, you're a very young
> person.
>
> Like 14 years old & in the 4th form. Or maybe it was
> the 3rd form?
> |
> So because of your youth, it's understandable that
> you'd crash in with no tact by starting this thread
> just when things were settling down...
>
> And, of course, that's all the usual performers
> needed to do their thing..

Laura, I find its this type of patronising attitude that starts the arguing. That was totally uncalled for and then you have the nerve to state thats what the usual performers need to do their thing. Well its certainly all you needed for you do your thing.

Lotsa guesses here, wee boy.
Forget this thread.
It should be dead in the water...
Just let the new Mod do its thing - without unwanted/unneeded extras from anyone..

If you want the thread dead in the water why not just stop bloody posting.

pulling hair out
07-11-2004, 07:44 AM
Hi JJJJJ

>>anonymous church going twit

Why does the Moderator have to be religious??
What on earth does religion have to do with a computer forum?
Are any of the other moderators church goers?
If you are able to prove in one of your posts that they are, then please let us know. If you can't, could you at least stick to what you can prove as fact.
I have friends who are atheists, yet still have caring natures and would not like what goes on in some of the threads here.
If threads were blocked on just one or two unpleasant posts, sure that would be a bit hard, but the moderators here let it go on for quite a while, probably hoping that we will all get our "grumps" out of our system, and return to some kind of neutral scene. That seem's pretty reasonable to me, but then that's just my view anyway.

Marg.

ApeNz
07-11-2004, 08:20 AM
see if theres a pattern in threads that s/he locks - look who is posting in these threads , maybe s/he has a grudge.

Chris Randal
07-11-2004, 08:24 AM
Just how much more of this s**t is IDG going to take before they shut the forum down forever?

45South
07-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Hmmmm...Laura, donna & pulling hair out just became contenders for the plastic shield brigade

george12
07-11-2004, 08:49 AM
Ah, you were right Laura (except for the partronising attitude). Bad thread to start.

I don't want to know who Moderator is if asking will cause so much argument.

> Lotsa guesses here, wee boy

I really don't like the tone of that Laura.

> The point is that they are being locked or deleted by some anonymous church going twit who lacks the guts to reveal his identity.

That was also uncalled for Jack. How in any way has Moderator done anything to deserve such comments? As to revealing his/her identity, how would I like it if you found out I was moderator (I'm not)? You would abuse me in the same way as you abuse Moderator.

And yes I am only 14 in the 4th form, but I would say I have more posting discretion than several other posters who regularly stir up perfectly (originally) good threads. I have never destroyed a thread by an attacking comment of mine, and never intend to.

This thread was just a mistake on my behalf. Sorry everyone (especially poor Moderator)

Please no more posts here (locking could be a good idea Moderator).

pulling hair out
07-11-2004, 09:00 AM
>>Laura, donna & pulling hair out just became contenders for the plastic shield brigade

Hi 45South,
Am I not allowed to ask people questions? :(
Am I not allowed to give my views?
May I ask if this is a "female thing" you have? ;\
While defending your friend/s from what you interpret as a threat [ and my post wasn't ] is an honorable thing to do, you are also telling me that you don't think your friend is capable of replying to my very simple question?

I don't take offence from what you say, but curious to see where you are coming from. I also promise not to go "spastic" over JJJJJ's answer. :D

Cheers, Marg

Baldy
07-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Without reading the replies on this thread, I am putting my money on Laura.
She seems to be all night and that is when I am guessing the my thread and BillyT's thread were removed.
If I am wrong about Laura, then I revert to my original guess: SusanB

45South
07-11-2004, 09:17 AM
>Hi 45South,
>Am I not allowed to ask people questions?
Of course you are, free speech & all that
>Am I not allowed to give my views?
Of course you are, you're opinions are juat as important as everybody elses
>May I ask if this is a "female thing" you have?
Hell no, I have the greatest respect for "females" after all, my old mum was one
>While defending your friend/s from what you interpret as a threat [ and >my post wasn't ] is an honorable thing to do, you are also telling me >that you don't think your friend is capable of replying to my very simple >question?
Ask anyone that knows me I don't have any freinds (bet that doesn't come as any surprise)

>I don't take offence from what you say, but curious to see where you >are coming from. I also promise not to go "spastic" over JJJJJ's answer.
I was winding you up, yes infantile maybe, but it worked.
(45South wonders to himself if this might have something to do with having no freinds, NAH, couldn't be....... )

pulling hair out
07-11-2004, 09:21 AM
>>I was winding you up, yes infantile maybe, but it worked.

Bugger :D

whtafo
07-11-2004, 09:33 AM
> If I am wrong about Laura, then I revert to my
> original guess: SusanB

Dear God I can only pray you are.

whtafo
07-11-2004, 09:34 AM
> This thread was just a mistake on my behalf. Sorry
> everyone (especially poor Moderator)
>
> Please no more posts here (locking could be a
> good idea Moderator).

And there you go again. Stop trying to self moderate this forum.

Spencer
07-11-2004, 09:46 AM
My goodness! Everybody seems to be testy this morning. Why can't we change the subject and debate the joys (or sorrows?) of Paul Holmes departure from TV1 instead? It would be twice as interesting and only half as acrimonious.:^O

Spence :D

whtafo
07-11-2004, 09:47 AM
> My goodness! Everybody seems to be testy this
> morning. Why can't we change the subject and debate
> the joys (or sorrows?) of Paul Holmes departure from
> TV1 instead? It would be twice as interesting and
> only half as acrimonious.:^O
>
> Spence :D

Why? All you do here is *****.

JJJJJ
07-11-2004, 09:51 AM
Why not make everybody a moderator? Then we would have some interesting discussions.

In case some one hasn't guessed, I detest any form of censorship. If some of the language gets too hot for me I stop reading it. (Self censorship).

If anybody took my "religious" remark as insulting. It was supposed to be.

Jack

pulling hair out
07-11-2004, 10:08 AM
>>If anybody took my "religious" remark as insulting. It was supposed to be.

Not insulted at all, its just your way of expressing your frustration at not knowing who moderator is. Each to their own, etc., etc.........

Marg

Baldy
07-11-2004, 11:35 AM
I believe in doing everything in moderation except two things, so I am a self appointed moderator

Chilling_Silence
07-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Being religious myself, I can see how some people can view "church-going folk" with such a light, but that's their own choice.

I agree that george12 seems to be taking after the footsteps of Stu, trying to do a lot of self-appointed moderating.

Why lock this thread? A few bad words have been spoken, but nothing that's not sorted itself out. Many of you seem to take offense quickly, as Jack posted with his religious comment, without intending it to be insulting. Perhaps some people here simply need to think twice before posting.

...Then again maybe I should practise what I preach, I simply punch out whats on my mind and hit "Post Message" :p

So we've deduced its a feminine style of writing, yes?
Then again, perhaps this is george12's way of blowing us all off the trail, when really he knows who it is?!

I wonder if greasing up to Mod would get another appointed :D

Spencer
07-11-2004, 12:01 PM
>Why? All you do here is *****.

Actually my friend, that statement is not statistically correct, no more correct than it would be for me to say all you do here is post sarcastic comments, because you do post a lot of useful help. That is a compliment, not a personal attack. Beyond that comment I am not going to say any more than this: I'm not pigeon-holing you, so please don't pigeon-hole me. I hope to aquire sufficient computing knowledge here to be able to look after my own needs, and to occasionally be of assistance to others. Now, let's all have a pleasant and civilised day.

Spence

Greg S
07-11-2004, 01:26 PM
> I revert to my
> original guess: SusanB

Yes it's Suzie Bee.

>> I agree that george12 seems to be taking after the footsteps of Stu, trying to do a lot of self-appointed moderating.

Chilly, give Stu a break mate - his heart is in the right place.

Prescott
07-11-2004, 01:29 PM
> > I revert to my
> > original guess: SusanB
>
> Yes it's Suzie Bee.
>

MODERATOR= SusanB??? :D the plot thickens........

JJJJJ
07-11-2004, 01:31 PM
Isn't she BillyT's sister??
Jack

Greg S
07-11-2004, 01:35 PM
> Isn't she BillyT's sister??
> Jack

Evidently, and also Beetle's.

Chilling_Silence
07-11-2004, 01:38 PM
No hard feelings towards Stu, only felt a little annoyed when he's so bluntly told usersXYZ to leave :-/

crazy monkey
07-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Isn't SusanB the same person as Beetle?

Isn't the moderator anyone who logs in as "Moderator".... like anyone...!!!??

Greg S
07-11-2004, 01:44 PM
> Isn't SusanB the same person as Beetle?
>
> Isn't the moderator anyone who logs in as
> "Moderator".... like anyone...!!!??

Nope, and nope

metla
07-11-2004, 01:54 PM
You guys are way off with your guessing game...

Ill give you a hint,its not a she,although it is humerous that the Moderator comes across lady like.....

Greg S
07-11-2004, 01:57 PM
> You guys are way off with your guessing game...
>
> Ill give you a hint,its not a she,although it is
> humerous that the Moderator comes across lady
> like.....

Bah! I was sure I was right! LOL

Graham L
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Haven't you lot got anything better to do?

I'm sure George wouldn't see behaviour like this in the classroom; though there are always bullies and those who want to be "friends of bullies" in the playground.

JJJJJ
07-11-2004, 02:05 PM
Metla. How do you know??
If you know say so. Otherwise shut up.
Jack

beetle
07-11-2004, 02:08 PM
What?????????? since when has BT been my bro??????????
ah a big NO on that one sorry guys......

and why on earth do you think its Susan B as the mod??? LOL i think you guys way way way off base there.........

has to be a night and day surfer.

Man you guys can shovel a load of trouble round here lately, is everybody bored or something? nerves or stress levels a little high???

absolute dribble.

beetle

metla
07-11-2004, 02:08 PM
> Metla. How do you know??
> If you know say so. Otherwise shut up.
> Jack

How do i know?

Im clever.

Lmao.

I figured it out and asked the person months ago.

As to "tell you or shut up"

I think the moderator deserves his anoniminity and have no intention of spelling the beans.

JJJJJ
07-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Why does a miserable spy deserve anonamity? (Spelling)?
Jack

Prescott
07-11-2004, 02:16 PM
metla, it sounds as you know alot on this topic, too much, maybe its you :D muhaha

Greg S
07-11-2004, 02:16 PM
> is everybody bored or something?

Nah - just frustrated that I'm working on a Sunday when it's such a lovely day outside.

metla
07-11-2004, 02:17 PM
He was asked to perform a service,he does it,why should he be made to suffer for doing what he was asked to do?

I do believe the existing moderators would have outlined his duties,strange they didn't run it past you first?...lmao.

metla
07-11-2004, 02:19 PM
> metla, it sounds as you know alot on this topic, too
> much, maybe its you :D muhaha

If it was then Robo would have led a mutiny,and all of billy T's posts would be humrosly replaced with the word knobend.

beetle
07-11-2004, 02:20 PM
ohyeah ya'd pick if it was mr fluffy feet Metla wouldnt ya with his spelling and charming manner with words...:p

beetle

JJJJJ
07-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Actuallu Metla I don't believe you know anything more than me. Does it make you feel good to pretend you have knowledge denied to the rest of us?
Jack

Prescott
07-11-2004, 02:22 PM
but u wouldnt expected it tho........

alphazulusixeightniner
07-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Roflmao :^O this thread is hilarious.

metla
07-11-2004, 02:32 PM
> Actuallu Metla I don't believe you know anything more
> than me. Does it make you feel good to pretend you
> have knowledge denied to the rest of us?
> Jack

Thats fine by me Jack,Although i can't imagine anyone getting a kick out of pretending to know something of little to no significance.

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
07-11-2004, 02:34 PM
> Actuallu Metla I don't believe you know anything more
> than me. Does it make you feel good to pretend you
> have knowledge denied to the rest of us?
> Jack

It's rather amusing to read your wild guesses. Just to make myself better :p I know that metla knows and that I know and that many others know.... Kinda obvious if you've being here long enough

Hes doing his job. Just like you wouldn't normally ask someone's income and age, etc. I'll leave it at this.

george12
07-11-2004, 02:35 PM
I don't try to be a Moderator!

I only said what I did (last post) because I regret starting this thread.

George

Prescott
07-11-2004, 02:44 PM
atleast your honest george lol

45South
07-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Weknowthatyouknowthatmetlaknowsthatyouknowthatothe rsknow....
Heresanotherone
Howmanywoodscanawoodchuckchuckifawoodchuckcouldchu ckwood

~~~~~ s y ~~~~~
07-11-2004, 02:49 PM
> Howmanywoodscanawoodchuckchuckifawoodchuckcouldchu ckwood

Five

Prescott
07-11-2004, 02:52 PM
so moderator is a wood chucker lol :p

ferrite
07-11-2004, 04:05 PM
i think we can narrow the field down by discounting everybody who replied to this thread metla says ,not a female well if thats true dosent leave many people.i would of picked susan b.

beama
07-11-2004, 09:49 PM
> humerous that the Moderator comes across lady
> like.....

lol :D :D

ApeNz
07-11-2004, 09:55 PM
if i said it was me would you believe me

Peter M
07-11-2004, 10:49 PM
About as much as people believed Bill Clinton's " I did not have............!!"

Biggles
08-11-2004, 09:44 AM
I have typed about 6 different replies to the varies emails and threads I've been reading this morning, after a weekend of coughing my lungs up. I deleted them all because they ended up being rather, well angry.

[pause] Guess what, just deleted a few more paragraphs of this one too.

I don't know what more I can do to try and get some civility back in here. I will go and think about it.

Prescott
08-11-2004, 10:11 AM
yeah, pf1 sure has changed over the years..........
right back to my study.......

45South
08-11-2004, 10:13 AM
Just a bit of fun this one B.B.
Don't think anyone is taking it too seriously
Hope your feeling better soon

Biggles
08-11-2004, 10:37 AM
>Don't think anyone is taking it too seriously

I disagree. It shouldn't have escaped most of you that a large number of fairly regular posters no loner visit.

robsonde
08-11-2004, 10:47 AM
> >Don't think anyone is taking it too seriously
>
> I disagree. It shouldn't have escaped most of you
> that a large number of fairly regular posters no
> loner visit.

I have been thinking of leaving over the last few weeks..........

the way i see it is this is a computer help forum, people come here for help. soem of us come to ask and some come to answer.

OT threads are fine but when it gets to the point where insults are being pushed around a mod must step in. if you have a problem with this situation then too bad. IDG hosts this service. IDG call the shots. anyone with a problem with that fact can either take it up with IDG or go take a jump.

as is so often the case it a few that are makeing a bad name for all.

amny years ago i was a member of another computer help forum, it decayed down to pages of insults, it no longer is around. is that what we want for F1???

this may be my last post.........

whtafo
08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
> this may be my last post.........

You still need to report back in this thread:
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=53144

Chilling_Silence
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
I think a lot of comments were intended in jest, but have been taken seriously by those on the other end.

That's the problem with text (Such as Txt Messaging) - There's so much room for miscommunication because you cannot tell the tone of somebody's voice, be it serious or sarcastic.

Spencer
08-11-2004, 01:00 PM
You are very generous and understanding C_S. I was advised to use emoticons to overcome any confusion. Most of the posts you are referring to have no emoticons and some are for-real serious and extremely offensive. :(

Spence :|

Pete O\'Neil
08-11-2004, 01:03 PM
> You are very generous and understanding C_S. I was
> advised to use emoticons to overcome any confusion.
> Most of the posts you are referring to have no
> emoticons and some are for-real serious and
> extremely offensive. :(
That would because post referring to you are meant to be "for-real serious and extremely offensive" ;)

Chilling_Silence
08-11-2004, 01:39 PM
Again, I cant speak on the behalf of others except to say that not everybody is as educated in netiquitte as yourself and I ;-)

stu120404
08-11-2004, 08:42 PM
> >Don't think anyone is taking it too seriously
>
> I disagree. It shouldn't have escaped most of you
> that a large number of fairly regular posters no
> loner visit.

That number has just gone up one more or maybe another 2 ;)

> > >Don't think anyone is taking it too seriously
> >
> > I disagree. It shouldn't have escaped most of you
> > that a large number of fairly regular posters no
> > loner visit.
>
> I have been thinking of leaving over the last few
> weeks..........

I am one who is leaving: http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=53186

MrBeef
08-11-2004, 09:17 PM
you've been trying to leave for the last 30 minutes or so.

But you cant keep away, can you! NO!
haha! ahahhaahah!

Spencer
08-11-2004, 10:22 PM
> That would because post referring to you are meant to
> be "for-real serious and extremely offensive"

Excuse me for asking Pete, but exactly why did you suddenly think it necessary to attack somebody you have never even traded posts with, let alone insults or abuse? Would you walk down the street attacking people just because they look or sound different? If you want to see offensive, take a look at your own kiddies' playground "follow the leader" behaviour.

Spence :|

Laura
08-11-2004, 10:48 PM
Well, I certainly hope you don't leave, Derek...

You're one of the "originals" since PF1 got its present format in mid 2002 - with 1400 odd posts. And apart from the occasional fun one, (which we all enjoy) they've been the kind of posts that counted in the computer information field.

Those of us who value that advice would be sad to see you go. I've found it helpful as a new user. I'd like to think others could do the same in future - and I have plenty more questions yet myself I'm sure you could help with...

If you were leaving for personal or family reasons, that would be OK.
To do it because a bunch of idiots keep posting personal insults in threads is a waste of your knowledge to help the rest of us
(Obviously I'm being selfish here. Few of them post answers to my type of questions)
Hopefully this bad feeling will die down - one way or another -
and we can get back to more friendly PF1 relationships.
Stick with it till then, eh?

alphazulusixeightniner
08-11-2004, 10:59 PM
It's a forum on the intarweb. Perspective please.

Laura
08-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Sorry - just in case it wasn't clear- this reply was for robsonde's post.

I add here that I hope Stu rethinks - but that's another thread, of course....